1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this odd at all?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Fallible, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Fallible

The fact that I've never felt remorse or anything like it for being bisexual? You hear stories of the "grieving process" of realizing that you are gay or bisexual, but it seems that I've skipped that. Anyone else like that, or am I just weird? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2. Bree

Me neither. I just grew up in a family where orientation wasn't considered important. I struggle a lot with the gender thing, though.

3. bob94

In an ideal world, that's how everybody would feel. But a lot of society says that it's wrong to be LGBT, so many of us do go through a grieving process. You're lucky that you are (and always have been) comfortable enough with your sexuality to not feel bad about it.

4. ameliawesome

I thought I was a weirdo before I knew what gay was, but I was okay with it anyway. But that's likely because my family isn't god-fearingly religious, nor are they homophobic, and my hometown is so large that I grew up around all kinds of people. I agree that ideally everyone should feel this way, like it's okay to be a weirdo :slight_smile:

5. suninthesky

Yes that's weird, and great, and awesome. But hopefully in ten or twenty years it'll be the norm to feel that way. For now, revel in the weirdness and let the others of us live through your happy experiences. :slight_smile:

6. ArtSaves

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Haha yeah, it is weird because many people are raised into believing that being gay is wrong.... I didn't go through that "grieving process" either maybe because I've always been very open minded. The hardest part for me was trying to figure out where in the spectrum I am..... And I'm still kinda trying to figure that out xD

7. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I went through the grieving process for many years, I'm still not sure why I gave myself such a hard time. During my teenage years, I didn't know any other gay people, so I felt so alone. My family isn't religious, which should have made things easier, but once I came out my sister reacted negatively towards me. I have kids and my kids father also gave me a hard time, which left me vulnerable :tears:. If you're lucky enough to not have gone through what I went through then Amen! More power to you! :thumbsup:

#7 pinklov3ly, Aug 6, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2012
  8. angiemari

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    For me I was raised that being gay/bi was ok and I've never had trouble being ok with who I am. I'm comfortable with it and it's never bothered me. Yes I haven't come oh to everyone but it's just that I feel like its my business and when it necessary or they ask I will tell. It's not like I'm not openly supportive and honestly don't we how they just don't realize lol. Now my husband on the other hand I won't tell him for much different reasons. But ole ive always been ok with it