1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I miss her so much it HURTS

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Nats, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Nats

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My fiancée is out for vacations for about 2 weeks. We can't talk (at all) cause she has no way too (no internet, no letters, etc.). I miss her so much it hurts physically. I'm feeling very sad and it "hurts to the bone". Can't even breathe fine!

What do you do when you miss someone THAT much?
    Not even distracting myself works completely... I can talk with my friends, do homework but I still miss her... It's always on the back of my mind.

Help? :icon_sad:

2. shironuma

Maybe you can hang out with friends. When I miss my girlfriend I usually game or bother some of my friends if they are available. But don't feel down! She'll be back soon! :3

3. its 2 weeks not 2 months. has she been away before, even for a couple of days?
    if you spend an awful lot of time together, it will hurt more than if you see each other around working/school hours e.t.c

try distracting yourself. eat lots of ice cream and do some painting/drawing, anything. movies. baking.

dont worry though, she will be back before you know it.
    maybe write her a letter for when she comes back saying how much you missed her?

4. Delta

I'm sorry, honey, I know that feel. It really really super sucks. I think the best way to make it stop is to make time go faster. Don't just stare at the clock, get distracted. By anything, really. It'll make it stop hurting for a couple hours, and it'll be a couple less hours you have to miss her for.

Also, write her letters, even if you can't send them. It'll feel like you're still sharing your life with her. You can tell her about all the fun things you did that day, and how much you miss her, and she can read them when she gets back, and feel like she's not out of the loop. That'll also encourage you to get out and do cool stuff so you don't write, "spilled mustard on my grey sweatpants today. I'm too lazy to wash them, so I'll just stay home tomorrow." XD

Two weeks will go by fast. Don't worry. :slight_smile: It'll seem like just a tiny blip in the whole scale of your relationship.

5. Romi

This. This so much. I can't tell you how many letters I have written over the years that
    were never sent. Obviously, you will probably want her to read these, but even if she never gets to read them....writing the letters to her can really help soothe the soul and take a lot of the pain away. In a way it can almost make you feel like they're just right there with you. And I'm sure you know, even far you two are never really apart if your love is strong and true.

I know its a bit different but, my best friend passed away a little over a year ago. Losing him was one of the hardest things. It hurt so much. And talk about physical pain, not just from the sore abs, sore throat, burning eyes and what have you that came with constant crying til I was sick. But I mean..it hurt, just as you said, to the bone.

I found that writing letters was a way to cope. He would never be able to read them, but I could feel him by my side, with me, reveling in him and our friendship with every word written.

So if I was going to suggest anything other than getting distracted with fun....it would certainly be this.