1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

God, comments and other issues

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Rarar, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Rarar

Hi.

Well, I recently came out to three of my close friends, all of whom were really supportive of me. I initially felt the overwhelming sense of relief of being able to tell someone and being accepted by people.

But then, I was watching a video on YouTube about how it's okay to be gay (it's called People Are Gay?! by IIISuperwomanIII). I read a few comments and people were being quite negative, with many saying that is wrong to be gay. And it got me thinking.

Am I wrong to be gay? Should I not exist? Am I an abomination for loving different people? Should I not love guys? Would it better if I lived a life of lies? Would it be better not to live at all? Sometimes I wish I was somebody else; everyone looks so happy and content with themselves, apart from me.

And I also thought about God. Now, I didn't used to believe in God, but recently I thought that he may exist, just differently to how we think. I used to think he loved everyone, regardless of their orientation. But after reading the comments, I thought 'What if I'm wrong?'

What if he hates gays?

Now I'm scared that he'll judge me and I'll go to Hell and be punished. I'm really scared. What if I get sent to eternal damnation?

I'm sitting here crying as I write this because I feel dirty and wrong for feeling this way. I wish I was straight, so I wouldn't have to worry about my sexuality.

:help:

#1 Rarar, Aug 7, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2012
  2. Silvails52

Trust me, you're not an abomination. God loves everyone, regardless of who they are. This link proves it. TRANSCRIPT You can either watch the hour-long video, or read it all right below it. But if He made you this way, why would he not love you? This is you. If He created you this way, why would He not like it?

Seriously, you shouldn't be concerned. Those comments you read were from ignorant people. They have no idea what it feels like to be us. They don't know the struggles we all face, and therefore should not be taken very seriously. If you ignore homophobic comments, you will be that much happier.

3. Rarar

But how do we know he loves everyone? What if he despises me? What if I am unnatural and a sin?

4. Pain

Pain Guest

Dragon567 is absolutely right. In Christianity, God's role is that of love. I can only assume that you're talking about Christianity, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

Try looking up things in the Bible yourself-- don't follow what silly comments say on a YouTube video. In the Old Testament, there might be a couple harsh-sounding, anti-gay laws, but that's only one mention of them, and you aren't likely to find others. That transcript link in Dragpn567's link explains it very well.

There are even some verses that I like to reference. Look them up, and it should be clear from these verses: Hebrews 8:6-13; Hebrews 9:15; Hebrews 9:25-28.

God loves you. Not to sound cliched, but that's a main idea in Christianity.
    Hope it helps.

5. Silvails52

He can't despise you for being gay. I'm gay, and I KNOW he loves me. I didn't choose to be gay, and how could he hate me for something I never decided? And unnatural? How could you be unnatural if you never decided to be gay?

6. Rarar

Maybe I'm meant to fight against it?

7. Silvails52

Read the site I posted. It put me at ease. And fighting against it is impossible. If God is Love, how can he expect someone to be permanently excluded from love? Just because of something they never chose?

8. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    First off, Let me tell you that God still loves you.

God will always love you no matter what. It's the so called followers of God that hate you. (No offense to Christians here... If you're here then most likely I am not talking about you. I am talking about the Christians like WBC.)

There's people out there that will tell you that you are wrong. They will try to tear you down. You are not wrong. You are being who you are. Nobody can change who you are, unless you let them.

I found some threads and some websites that might help you out:
    http://emptyclosets.com/forum/support-advice/67111-what-do-christians-god-expect-me.html
    http://emptyclosets.com/forum/support-advice/65350-bible-tells-me-being-gay-wrong-now-i-just-dont-know-what-do.html#post1101418
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Slom_-OfXI&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]
    The video above is part of a 3 part series about the bible and homosexuality. This does a good job explaining the Bible and homosexuality.
    I hope this helps you!! If you need any more links let me know!! I have some more.. I just didn't want to create a large wall of links/text.

9. Pain

Pain Guest

If you fight yourself, because that's ultimately what you'd be doing, then you'd only end up unhappy. Seriously, look up those verses in Hebrews.

10. Nobodylikesme

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Interesting morality often plays in my head. What about bisexuals? Now I believe in love and believe god loves me. But often doubt. Granted I've not gone to the other side, but when I'm ready, as a chatholic I will be sinning.

11. Silvails52

Jesus never mentioned once homosexuality. If it was important, wouldn't He have said something?

12. Pain

Pain Guest

Although, this could be something interesting which brings the subject into the very sphere of Jesus' influence.
    Click that link and read it.
    Forgiveness, baby!

13. Silvails52

That's pretty interesting. Most Christians just see him as a servant. I'm saving that.

14. angiemari

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't think it's wrong. I'm catholic and as a catholic in Sunday school I was taught god loves all his children. Sure they will try to say its wrong but I believe god made me this way and how could he not love me. We are taught to love and not judge and to be a caring person. That's about what I take from my religion I ignore the bible verses they spat in my opionion man made that bible. And I don't think it's a good thing to fight it. Why fight who you are? You will be unhappy and anyone you ate with will feel that disconnection and it will hurt them too. Don't be afraid to be yourself and love your self. God made you special!