1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My boyfriend's facebook ego

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by itsaldo, Aug 7, 2012.

1. itsaldo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well i'm on a long distance relationship like some of you may know and i'm thinking about moving into his city in a few months, we been almost a year together and he talked every single day, i visited him barely times. He has always been obsessed with facebook ( wich i really hate) because there has been a lot of problems about it, he is a normal guy but he spends most of his time home and along with the computer and tv.

And i love him but he likes to have his own facebook double like like he has this fan-guy club! that are always preaching and telling him how cute he is via inbox messages. the thing is that he nevers pays too much attention to me in facebook or in real life because he is always up to "omg i just uploaded this shirtless picture and this guy is telling the that...( you know)" and im like wtf? and he says he feels so popular and he wants more likes. :frowning2: so i'm always writing on his wall and stuff like that, but this afternoon i made a drawing with the two of us and post it as our family. So then he goes online and after 10 minutes he never replies to me or anything, and i call him and get no answer on he phone :icon_sad: hoping he could say thanks for the detail, but i got no answer.

So i chat with him since he was online and says . hello and he takes forever answering me since he's talking to the fan base. and then i phone him, he answers and tells me that his mom is arround and that he cannot talk because EVERYONE IS TALKING TO HIM AND HE IS UNABLE TO SPEAK WITH THEM WITHOUT BOTH HANDS so i felt like "hang up on me". and he says i talk to you here. then i see a status update that says "EVERYONE WANT'S TO TALK TO ME , THAT'S THE PRICE OF BEING POPULAR WICH IM WELLING TO PAY" so i was like :dry:

So i message him and tell him that i hoped for a thank you and that i don't like that he doesn't pay attention to me because he is on Facebook so much time long and that he is closing his account that he wasn't going to speak to me through the day and that i was doing horrible things to him and that was why he was closing his Facebook. so he closes it. and then i talk to him and tells me that i want to control his life and that i won't give his space which i say i do but i just don't like that attitude. we been texting but he is really mad at me , been calling him but had no answer, just texts like "you want to control my life" "who are you, i dont recognize you anymore" "i've had it this time".

He has definitely trouble with facebook because he feels like an inner "facebook celebrity" and he also compares so much with artists on the tv, he wan't to act like them and also compares aspects of his life like his boyfriend ( he is always telling me.. o! that one direction boy is cute i want you to be like him) or the way he lives. i would like some advice on how to make him more down to earth and living a real life outside facebook, twitter or E!.

2. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You need to tell him how you feel about this. I realize it's difficult, but he needs to know you want to feel more important and that when he's telling you about how this guy or that guy tells him how sexy he looks, it makes you unsure if you're still important to him.

3. itsaldo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    i know i tell him but he says i attack him and that i want to control his life that im jealous and that i want him to do the things i wan't and then he hangs up on me and tells me that he is so mad at me :frowning2:

4. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

See, the thing is that we can't change the people in our lives at will. If you force him to change because YOU want to, then that would be controlling him a bit. And even if he does continue to not use his fb, he is going to resent you for it. But, like you said, its clearly not working out while he gives all his attention to facebook.

So what to do? Honestly, its time to start thinking if this whole thing is what you want from a relationship. I'm sure that he cares a lot about you, but right now this is clearly not working emotionally for either you or him.

I will say though, chances are that the reason he NEEDS to have his facebook and so much attention comes from a deeper problem that needs to be dealt with before he can move on to being with you as a couple.

5. solost44

solost44 Guest

People have to "want" to change on heir own. I know you said that you two have been together almost a year but you kind of have to ask yourself if you are really willing to pack up your life to move to where he is when things seem like their on shaky ground. Work on getting the situation sorted out before making any big decisions like moving. There are no guarantees in love but it would help to know ahead of time if you two are walking on the same path.

6. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow, he sounds very arrogant and his world is wrapped around Facebook. I update my status often, but coming from experience, Facebook has a tendency to ruin relationships, including mine unfortunately. I've learned that it's not a good idea to be friends with the person you're dating. He likes the attention, but he's so preoccupied that he's forgotten how lucky he is to have you. Give him some space for a few days and see what happens.

#6 pinklov3ly, Aug 7, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2012