1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to parents

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ArcAngel96, Aug 9, 2012.

1. ArcAngel96

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay, so recently I've started to come out to my friends. I have to admit, it's gone 100x better then I thought it would. They've all been completely understanding, and still treat me like they did before I came out. So, the next logical step would be to tell my parents because I think they should know. The only problem is, I have no idea how they would react. My dad's sister is a lesbian, and they go out with her and her girlfriend sometimes, but I don't know if they would feel comfortable with their own son being gay. Then there's the whole grand kids thing, and my only being a Junior in High School. I'm just very confused on what I should do. :bang:

2. Silvails52

Take it slow. The fact that your parents hang out with your Dad's sister seems to say they're okay with gays. I think they'll take it well. Sure, it might be hard for them at first, but they will still love you. You're still their son.

And don't worry about grandkids just yet. You're just a Junior. You don't have to do anything just yet.

3. xramonx

Don't feel like your obligated to do it!
    Do it only when you're really ready to!
    It might be easier for them since they have close contact with your aunt, but still do come out when you feel like it, take it serious, and make sure to tell your parents they are the most important beings in your life and thats why you wanted to tell them!
    Best of lucks to ya!

4. Andbenz0189

i'm stuck in a very similar spot. but i do think that your dad's sister being a lesbian it might be easier for them to get used to the idea, not really going to be easy just maybe they might get used to it sooner. About the grand kids thing, i like to think that by being gay i might be helping over population and i can just adopt some day. anyway i hope you just come out to your parents whenever you feel like it's time, like i'll do.