1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lesbian or bisexual

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Megan3, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Megan3

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I keep thinking myself bisexual, and even on EC I put that as my orientation. But I tend to lean more towards women and I can't help but think that maybe I really am a lesbian. I mean, I can appreciate men and say, "Okay, that guy is attractive," but it's different somehow when it comes to women. This has been on my mind for quite some time and I don't know how to make heads or tales of it. Any thoughts?

2. Ridiculous

Are you sexually interested in men?

I can look at a women and say "she's attractive," but I can also look at a painting and say "that's attractive." I don't want to have sex with either :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

3. armsoutfarther

I've been thinking about that all the time it seems lately too. Like I've leaned towards both but sometimes, I feel like I lean more towards women. Like you said, I can look at a guy and say he's good looking but not really sure if I would be with him.

4. Megan3

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    You're right, it's a matter of whether or not I'm actually sexually interested in the individual. I generally lean more towards a-sexual tendencies, so the whole thing with being sexually interested in the person is a bit different for me. I know when I find someone attractive and I know when I'm attracted to them. I haven't really found myself attracted to men in a really long time, but I've liked guys before. Hence, the confusion haha.

---------- Post added 10th Aug 2012 at 04:04 AM ----------

Despite the downfalls of this, I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way <3

5. armsoutfarther

No problem at all! :slight_smile: I've been questioning for about a year or so now and just so confused about it. But honestly? I'm going to take my time and think about it.

6. Ridiculous

Can I ask how long ago it has been? I think it is reasonably common for lesbian/gay people to experience some sort of 'real' attraction to the opposite sex when they are in or just coming out of puberty. It was the case for me, at least (when I was about 13/14) and I've seen several people on here say something similar.

To me, it sounds like you mostly have a good understanding of your attractions (forgive me if I'm wrong), so when it comes to labelling yourself, it's mainly going to be about how you want to display yourself to others. Your past experiences don't really matter much in this case. If you say you're a lesbian then you're saying you're only open to relationships with women; if you say you're bisexual you're saying your open to relationships with either gender.

7. Gipsy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, gays can still think the opposite sex is attractive, but they don't need to be attracted to them. If you've never been romantically/sexually attracted to men, then you might just be who you think you are.

8. Megan3

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    That's spot on. The last time I found myself attracted to a guy was when I was 14.