1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's been a year - plus I have free time

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by SecretColor, Aug 10, 2012.

1. SecretColor

From St. Louis, MO; go to school in Philly
    So, it's pretty much been a year since something really really nasty happened to me. Now, a year and about a month later, I can honestly say that it doesn't bother me anymore: I am, for the most part, happy. I'm excited about the start of my senior year; I made a ton of friends through the GSA at school; my upcoming classes sound really interesting; my entire family has been extremely accepting. That last one is the best of them all, I think.

I also, however, seem to have met someone. We're both kind of awkward, and early on, he struggled with the idea of type and such, but we've been Skyping and...the way we've acted and what we've said to each other makes it feel like there's something amazing between us, which makes me so happy ^_^ Honestly, last summer I didn't think a guy would or could like me in that way, and now one does - or at least appears to :lol:.

Anyway, the reason I'm posting this in Support and Advice is: I'm trying to stay rational about all this. Why? Because if I don't, then all I'm gonna be able to talk about is Ben, Ben, Ben, and I know that gets irritating, plus there are other exciting things in my life that I want to tell people too. Any tips on how to stay rational?

Twisty

2. Bobbgooduk

Bobbgooduk Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    :eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_dancCongratulations:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

3. PianoNate

Awww shucks sweetie, I like you too!!! But, really, there was no need to declare your love for me in a support forum. I know ... I know. :lol:

And ... to respond to your desperate cry for aid ... there is no hiding the twitterpation. Besides, it gives all the rest of us a reason to pretend to gag whenever you walk in the room! :roflmao:

4. SecretColor

From St. Louis, MO; go to school in Philly
    Mock me if you want, but this is still virgin territory for me! :wink: