1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice/Help?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by armsoutfarther, Aug 11, 2012.

1. armsoutfarther

Hey! So I posted a thread here before but I didn't really give a lot of information so here I am. At first I thought I was bisexual because I found both men and women attractive but for a while now, I've been leaning towards women. Like I'm more attracted to them then men now (I wish I could tell you more). I know that it really isn't necessary to label myself but I want to identify as something that's close to what I am. But as I said in my last post, I want to take my down and not to rush because I'm going anywhere. Any advice at all would help :icon_bigg

And I'm sorry if this doesn't really make any sense :confused: If you don't really understand it, feel free to ask me to explain it a little more.

2. J Snow

The labeling system we use is overly simplistic. Sexual orientation is a spectrum. Its very possible to be more attracted to women but still be attracted to men. The Kinsey scale ranges from 0 (completely heterosexual) to 6 (completely homosexual). Its very possible you could be a Kinsey 4 or 5, more attracted to women but still attracted to men.

3. armsoutfarther

I looked up the Kinsey Scale and it makes more sense, thank you :slight_smile: I think I'm close to a high 4/5 on the Kinsey and not entirely sure on what that would be considered.

#3 armsoutfarther, Aug 12, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2012
  4. kumpel

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    hi armsoutfarther. first off you are pretty young.. and i think once youve grown more youll realize that it really doesnt matter what you "classify" urself as. if you are comfortable with yourself then thats all that matters =]

5. armsoutfarther

Hi! :slight_smile: I agree, I'm just trying to sort this out slowly and definitely not rushing myself. I like to listen to other people's experience and advice to help me now and in the future.

#5 armsoutfarther, Aug 12, 2012
  6. PurpleCrab

7. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was just thinking about this the other day, I actually posted a thread about it. I think your attraction towards women may become stronger, especially if you hang with more girls. That's how it's been for me, anytime I'd hang with a guy I was wishing he was a girl. My attraction is more towards femininity not masculinity. I'd miss the company of a woman's presence rather than a man's. Therefore, I consider myself gay, but I'm still open to the idea of being with a guy. And according to some, that would place me at a 5 on the Kinsey scale. I've been told not to read too much into the Kinsey scale because it's based off of sexual behavior. It doesn't take into account desires, fantasies and attractions, which to me, helps decipher sexual orientation.

#7 pinklov3ly, Aug 12, 2012
  8. Ianthe

It can take some time to develop an identity that is meaningful to you. It might be a lot easier once you are out more, and interact more with other lesbian and bisexual women.

Are you able to read books or see movies or anything like that about lesbians and bisexuals?

I don't really like the term "label"--a label would be something just slapped on superficially from the outside. An identity is something that you develop from within, about yourself in the context of society--it's an understanding of where you fit and belong in the world, and how you relate and connect to other people.

9. armsoutfarther

I am, and I want to go to the library or bookstore soon to check out some books. And maybe see about some movies out there.

Thanks for answering :icon_bigg You guys helped a lot.