1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I might be in love.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by super confused, Aug 11, 2012.

1. super confused

Title really says it all. Well, not all. I've been best friends with this girl for years. I love her so much, and we've always had a really special bond. But a while back she and I had a couple of sexual encounters. Those moments with her are the most precious memories I have.

She's not a lesbian, she's bi. And she's in a relationship with a guy. And she's pregnant with his kid. The thing is, they broke up a few weeks ago, but now they're back together, and they're living together. I don't even know if I'm actually in love with her or what... Should I tell her any of this? Or just keep it to myself (at least until I figure it out)?

I mean, she's usually the one I'd talk to about this sort of thing...but I don't really see how I could do that.

How would I even go about figuring if I am, in fact, in love?
    :help: :bang:

2. J Snow

Here's the thing, she's not available to enter a relationship, so if you do explain your feelings to her, There is a 99% chance that nothing will come from it. In my opinion you are better off being staying a good friend. Love is like an addiction, and it might suck for a while, but eventually it will pass and you will find someone else. It may not feel like it at the time but its true.

Even if they did break up and she chose to date you, would you really feel prepared to help her raise a child at 18? You have a lot of life ahead of you and there are plenty of fish in the sea. I would say you are better off being there as a friend for her for the time being.

3. super confused

Actually, it's funny you should bring that point up. Because when they briefly split up, she asked if I would take a parental role in the child's life, even though she well knows that I don't want children, I would never adopt; I am afraid that I wouldn't be a good enough mother and I would damage my child, or I would die and my child be devastated, or that my child would die and I be devastated.

But I told her I would, because she is my best friend and (even if I'm not in love with her) I love her very much and would do anything for her.