1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Men suck!!!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by oneday, Aug 12, 2012.

1. oneday

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sorry guys, but I just need to vent. I just started dating in July. I guess it's too early for me to be getting discouraged and to give up now. I've dated a few guys and nothing has worked out. The online dating scene is horrible. It seems like most gay men my age are immature and only interested in getting in my pants on the first date. No one is interested in taking the time to get to know me. The last guy I met online, who happens to be a friend of a friend, seemed really promising. I was infatuated with him. We were supposed to go on a double date. I traveled over two hours by train and booked off a weekend of work to go meet him. He ended up cancelling on me due to a family issue. He was really sorry and he seemed very genuine about it, but he hasn't followed up and expressed any further interest in meeting. Supposedly he really likes me, but I think I scared him off. I wish guys wouldn't lead me on, only to let me down. I'm having one of those days where I hate the world. I really want a relationship, but I know that merely wanting a relationship is not the right reason for having one. I'm 22 and after all of these years of being alone, it get's lonely. Thanks for reading. I just needed to vent. Feeling a bit better now. :slight_smile:

2. Dolphinkid

Well, as to your title, mhm, I sure hope so, lolXD tyring to lighten up the mood, plus tht was actually my first thought. Anywayssss try being friends with de gay people lol. That's how it works with straight people, with girls. Lol. So......... yeah I think tht works better. Just atrying to help, :slight_smile:

3. Gen

Gen

Shame on you :icon_wink

Well, dear, everyone has issues :/ Women tend to seek too many things, Men tend to seek a certain thing. 'Tend' is the key word as this of course doesnt apply to everyone. But Everyone sucks :confused: lol.

As far as guys ending up wanting you to sleep together on the first day, I would say to not have 'dates'. I wouldnt go on diner dates with people you have just met, because that opens more options than other, more casual, get togethers. Go out for lunch, breakfeast, coffee. Since you wouldnt be going home right after there isnt a option for the situation to come up.

How he just dropped you like that was kind of messed up. But better will come (*hug*)

4. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Yeah, the dating scene can be brutal. I think the trick is to meet guys not to see if you can date them, but to see if you can be friends. Doesn't really work online much, but it works wonders in person.

Have you tried meeting people just to meet people in person by using LGBT related clubs/events/groups around your area? That alone can make the whole process enjoyable since worst case scenario, you make new friends :slight_smile:

5. CupidBoy

CupidBoy Guest

I understand completely, I'm 22, single and have been mistreated by internet dating, hey maybe we should date :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

J/k, I know it gets lonely, but what I do is think about the future and forums are great for talking to people like you, it's a start anyway. Don't be discouraged, if we work at our dreams we can make them come true! :slight_smile:

6. oneday

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks so much guys (*hug*)

Hi CupidBoy! Ok, let's date. lol. :badgrin: Thank you for the reminder. I need to dream and positively think of the future. (&&&)

7. GingerGuy

Do you really think women are any better? Sure, many guys want sex, but that's only a bad thing if you are the romantic (and quite frankly, boring) type. I'm partially like those guys you are describing, so I don't have any problems with going to an online website to seek casual sex. (even though Im a virgin and sometimes missed opportunities to do it because I was secretly afraid of how sex would be like) But honestly, I always believed that straight men are a lot unhappier and unluckier than gay men when it comes to relationships. Most women, not all but a growing majority, are spoiled and narcissistic. They only want to be pleased but never do anything for a man. They have ridiculously high standards and want a man who's basically perfect and will give them money, social status, ect. And if this man fails, they will simply cheat or leave him and then find another silly provider. This, my friend, is how many women really are. No better than promiscuous men AT ALL.

I woke up from the matrix, and I think it's your turn to do the same. I'm actually happy to be gay. You should never hate your own gender, specially if those are the people you are attracted to. You are missing some great guys by doing that (yes, your cynicism and anger actually attract people who want to use you, and makes the good and interesting ones go away). So live your life, remember that there are many others out there, and once in a while stop being so love obsessed and have a hookup just for the fun of it. Your perspective of the world is going to change. :slight_smile:

8. Spatula

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I met my current boyfriend online, and he's the best all-around person I've ever dated.

It took a few attempts to get here. There were some people I dated that didn't work out. That's okay. You have a chance at finding someone who really is much closer in personality to you than you'd ever find at a bar.

So here's one vote for online dating.

9. Pinstripe

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm gonna ignore GingerGuy's sexist comments because I think they're totally out of place...

Anyway, I agree that the dating scene is far from perfect. If you don't want to rush into sex, I think keeping your dates casual and low pressure is a good idea. Coffee's a cliche, but it works. I think meeting people through friends and doing things in a group could help you find someone in a casual context too. I'm sorry things didn't work out with that guy, but don't get discouraged!

10. Kerze

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think you can justify being misogynistic by staying you 'woke up from the matrix'. Can we try to be respectful? You can't say that something is how women are because you cannot reduce half the population to some half assed observation you just crapped out.

11. oneday

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I respect the fact that you're entitled to your opinion. However, when it comes to me and my outlook on life, I prefer having long term, mature relationships. The physical aspect is important, but I also value the emotional connection. I'm romantic and old fashioned, but that doesn't make me boring. I just want something a little more with my relationships. I have too much self respect to sell out and have a random hookup with some guy. Sorry.