1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting my first binder tomorrow!! Work concerns.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MusicIsLife, Aug 12, 2012.

1. MusicIsLife

Hey all.

Soooo tomorrow I am getting my first-ever binder! I'm well beyond excited but at the same time, I'm really nervous. Why? Because I want to wear it at work, but I'm not mentally ready to be "out" as trans. I was thinking of saying it's a back support bra but I'm concerned that the more intelligent people at my place of work would figure it out pretty quickly. Should I just not wear it at work?

Suggestions?

2. Curly

Hey congrats!! It does take getting used to, but now I don't even want to take it off anymore.

truthfully, the only binders most people know about are the ones with the rings that hold paper. My roomates just thought they were sports bras when they saw it in my room. Most people also just assume I got small brests in a sports bra... suprise! LOL

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Just say that it is comfortable. Although, they prob won't notice anyway.

3. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I was scared about this when I first started wearing my binder too. Nobody really said anything about it.

Wearing a binder does take some time to get used to, so I would ease into it a little bit before you wear it to work. I wore mine 2 hours at a time at first and then increased the amount of time that I wore it from there.