1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just a bit nervous about coming out Dx

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by korovin, Aug 13, 2012.

1. korovin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am just nervous about coming out to my parents, I know they'll accept me but I just can't bring myself to utter the words. This is mostly because I don't talk much to my parents, not about myself, not about how I feel and similar things. I am also more of a closed person when I'm around my parents, I am more random and open when I hang out with friends and they already know about my sexuality since I've told them. But I would just feel really awkward if I just spontanously said "hey, I'm probably bisexual" to my parents. It would just feel really, really weird. Even though it feels like my mum already suspects that I'm not straight, but, ugh, I don't know. Dx I really, really want to tell them and I am determined too but I don't really know what's holding me down.
    Don't really know what I think I'll get from this post, honeslty I feel like all I need is people encouraging me to just do it.

2. Delta

I know you can do it. You can have as much or as little ceremony to it as you want. You could sit them down and talk to them or just say it. One or the other might be better for you personally. Good luck!