1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm feeling kind of crap atm

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by sunnii, Aug 14, 2012.

1. sunnii

Well I've felt crap for a while but this is why I feel crap ATM.

I don't know of you saw my thread about my straight crush a while back anyway it's sort of linked to that. Basically I known I don't want him he's just a guy that's there. I want a bf so bad for so long. But I am too scared to come out.

I can count on 1 hand the people I've told. But each time it hasn't been me telling them, they've either asked me and I've been drunk enough to say yes or they found out themselves in whatever way. Either way I HATE talking about it? I have people in my life who have tried to talk to me about it and I can trust them but I just hate talking about it.

People already assume at least and they wouldnt care but i just seem to not be cool with it myself. And I don't see how I will be because all I think about is dating and I've never had a relationship ever but I want 1 so bad but I don't see how it will happen

Also I've noticed whenever I get a crush on a guy I seem to lose a lot of weight and because I'm skinny as it is I'm VERY thin. This is like the 3rd time I've done this but I'm now like nearing anorexia. I skip meals and exercise far too much. I'm now getting to the stage where I have no energy.

2. Markes87

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Falling for a straight guys is a big deal indeed, specially if it's someone near you, I'm paying the consequences right now.

I know what you mean about loosing weight, in my case I'm forcing myself to eat because I exercise almost daily, hopefully I haven't lost much weight yet. I would say to try using the mixer, that has helped me to swallow some healthy drinks to avoid loosing too much weight. You could also try protein shakes or energy bars since they are small in size but rich in proteins and other vitamins you need

3. sunnii

I weighed myself today on the wii (don't know how accurate it is though) and it said my bmi was 17.something and I weight like 9.7 stone I need to eat more I just don't want to.

Btw save me making another thread is there any advice from anyone about how I can eventually be comfortable to talk about my sexuality and come out. I mean it's been 4 years since I've known and I'm still not out (I'm 20)

4. Silvails52

For me, coming out felt like a weight came off my shoulders. I could talk to someone about what I was dealing with. Come out to closer friends first. As you go on, you'll gain more confidence in yourself. Coming out to other friends gets a little tougher, and family is the hardest of all. Take it slow

Now, your weight problem. Is there any specific reason why you're not eating? Or do you just not feel like it?

5. sunnii

My parents know and they accept it but they're not the best people to talk about it
    .. My mum has tried but we get nowhere. My mum told her bff who is much more cool with it and she did try to have a heart to heart with me but that was really bad too (to be fair I was drunk and already in a bad mood). 2 of my cousins know both girls 1 24 and1 18 but again its just me being drunk. There is someone at work who I'm really close to and I know I could tell.her anything she's even asked me.if I was bi (since she asked if I was bi I wasn't lying when I said no) but I just don't want to talk about it.

Tbh the only person I feel like I can tell deep stuff to is my crush but telling him would be bad even if I never mentioned my crush I think it would just make things awkward (he isn't homophobic though)

In terms of eating idk. I'm very insecure and have no self esteem. Being thin is by far my fav physical attribute. Also its something I can control unlike my height for example. Being as thin as I am does make me feel better but I do worry when I eat something like chocolate. With the skipping meals I started doing it when I got down. Before that I comfort eat but when I felt sadder I'd skip a meal and now its fairly regular. Im unhappy with my life but its so much better than the past couple of years so i don't know why I have a weight problem now other than the fact I'm crushing on someone even though this crush isn't half as intense as the other 2