1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Telling My Mom I'm Questioning

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by armsoutfarther, Aug 14, 2012.

1. armsoutfarther

So I plan to tell my mom tonight that I'm definitely not straight and that I might be gay or bisexual and that I'm not sure yet. I honestly don't know how she'll take it but I think she'll take it well because I have a great relationship with her. I also have a great relationship with my dad but I feel comfortable talking to my mom about it.

We're Roman Catholic but we're not that religious. My dad says that he doesn't exactly agree with the homosexual lifestyle but that it's none of his business and my mom has some gay friends that she absolutely loves.

I feel like if I tell her, I have someone I trust to talk about it with. So... wish we luck :slight_smile: I'm just really nervous.

2. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Best of luck for it! It sounds like you can expect a pretty good response, but I'm sure it's nervous-making anyway. Just stay focused and you'll do fine. :slight_smile:

3. Romi

Here's to a good reaction! It seems like you'e close with your mom, so try not to let your nerves get the best of you. *cheers for*

4. BudderMC

Good luck! It sounds like it'll go well. :slight_smile:

If you're concerned, you could consider opening the bit about questioning with an "I like girls", because that is the truth in the scenario, right? Then as you talk about it more you can explain how you're unsure and to what degree, etc. etc. Just a thought though. Do whatever works for you.

5. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can remember when I first told my mom, it probably was not a good idea because she was driving at the time. However, she took it well, but my Dad still doesn't know; I'm not even sure if I'll ever tell him. I wish you the best of luck, let us know how everything goes :slight_smile:

6. armsoutfarther

Thanks everyone! :slight_smile: I'm going to tell her before she goes to bed in her room (so we get a little bit of privacy) and I'll definitely come back and tell how everything went. I'm nervous out of my wits but I'd feel a whole lot better if I told someone about it.