1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Words Unsaid

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by paul, Aug 14, 2012.

1. paul

I know this is the second thread I have posted today, but I have a problem. If you read some of my other posts you can get the whole story but basically I met this guy who immediately we became extremely close and 5 months later or so I moved without ever saying goodbye to him (denial). I then realized that I was in love with him but it was to late. Basically, shortly after moving, I wrote a very long letter in Word to write all my feelings down and I am trying to forget about it. Everytime I get on my computer I think about it but I really dont think sending him the letter is a good idea nor is just deleting it.
    Any Advice helps,
    Paul

2. Snowy

Snowy Guest

My thoughts on this:

If you're really good friends he wouldn't overreact, and, knowing that he probably wouldn't see you again, it would be that less big of a deal, but if you know he's straight there's really no point. Plus, if you moved, what would the difference be in telling him that you liked him? It's not like, if he liked you too, he'd just come down (or up) to wherever you moved to see you. I think that it was a great idea to sort out your feelings by writing the letter, though, I'm just not sure if sending said letter to him would be the smartest thing to do.

3. paul

Thanks, my thoughts exactly. I really do not see the point either, I was just making sure I was making the wrong decision. It is much appreciated!

4. BudderMC

I agree that I don't think sending it is a good idea, like everyone's said, you really don't have a lot to gain by doing it.

I also think that just because you're good friends and he wouldn't overreact doesn't make it a good idea to send it. I know my friend/crush likely wouldn't overreact if I told him how I felt about him, but I can almost guarantee it would make things really awkward.

As for deleting it... I think that's up to you. I think I would consider deleting it, because it is really the last piece of him that you're "holding on to". I think the sooner you can let that go, the sooner your feelings may be able to move on.

5. paul

Yeah, I just deleted it. No point in beating a dead horse. We will always have had been friends.

One time I was writing a book and my brother got in my computer and read it so I guess it would make sense just to delete it if I don't want them finding out that I am gay.

6. thylvin

thylvin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Lol yeah, those can come back to haunt you. Writing a book? What was it about and are you done or still working on it?

7. paul

Haha the book was so stupid. It was a satire called Portrait of a Clown. IT wasn't that bad considering, but my brother by no means qualified to be a literary critic