1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not again!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Ruby Dragon, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I identify as bisexual because that's just much simpler to explain when coming out to people. But the deeper definition is biromantic heterosexual (Unless there's a thing such as biromantic bisexual?)

I think that about says it all. I'm not sure if it's again just a phase I'm going through or if this is now finally what and who I am, but I will keep my title as a bisexual. I've recently kissed a good friend (male). It wasn't planned and it was very pleasant for both of us but I said nothing more can come of it since he's a loooot older than I am. Not that age is a factor, but I'm not talking only 10-15 years here, it's much more.

Anyway, I'm not sure if the kiss is now messing with my mind and making me question again or if I actually am a biromantic heterosexual instead of a full-blown bisexual.

I can see myself kissing and cuddling a woman but when it comes to relationships and the more serious stuff (i.e. sex) I'm not so sure anymore. Am I just going through my "male preference" phase of bisexuality now? I guess it also depends greatly on the time of the month. I may be ovulating now, which would explain my need for men rather than women? I don't know :confused: :icon_redf

#1 Ruby Dragon, Aug 14, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2012
  2. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You could very well be a biromantic heterosexual instead of bisexual, but it's really up to you how you choose to label yourself. If I were you, I wouldn't worry about labels; I'm sure you've heard this countless times, but sexuality is fluid. However, since you've mentioned that you can't really see yourself being intimate with a woman then you're most likely heterosexual with bi tendencies.

I'm completely the opposite during ovulation, my attraction/desire for women becomes intense. I was actually questioning my feelings again and if I have any for men. I do, but how could I not...I have feelings for one guy and he is the father of my kids. I wouldn't call myself bisexual, but biromantic lesbian because I do not like having sex with men. I can't picture my life being with a man at least not right now. I think you should embrace what you are feeling. If you want to be with a man then go for it!

3. Ruby Dragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    An online "friend" of mine (we're email buddies) is confused about my sexuality. He said he thought I'd gone to "the other side" and he doesn't seem to think there's a possibility that I may be bi.

I've been fantasizing about women again lately and have been having sexual dreams about women too, and it didn't freak me out or make me uncomfortable. I actually got turned on a little and enjoyed it. So perhaps I was just going through a bit of a dip. I think I really am bisexual, and the fact that I haven't been intimate with a woman yet plays a big role in how I feel. I'm more comfortable with the thought of being with a man, because that's mostly all I've known up to now. Yet I'm now again thinking about being in a relationship with a woman. I don't know what to label myself as, it's very confusing the way I jump between my varied feelings/thoughts.

I'll just enjoy it and go with the flow. For now though I'm happy with bisexual. At least until I've figured out what the heck is going on with me. Could it be that I'm STILL going through a self-discovery process? Or rather, again? I'm so confused and frustrated :bang:

4. Aldrick

Hey VelvetBlade. (*hug*)

I think pinklov3ly gave you some great advice, I just want to echo it - because I think it is very important - the necessity of not labeling yourself. You are VelvetBlade, and that is all you need to know. Any label that exists is for the convenience of others. Trying to force yourself into a box is just going to cause you unnecessary stress and anxiety.

Sexual and romantic attraction are innate primal qualities. We don't really have the ability to be one or the other; though we do have the ability to suppress or ignore them. Just follow your instincts and intuition. Stop struggling. Stop fighting. Just be VelvetBlade, and I promise you that eventually - as you experiment and explore - everything else will sort itself out.

5. PurpleCrab

I'm going to go against the flow here yet again... :goodevil:

And start by asking you very nicely to be careful when dating/experimenting with a woman. If you get an interest in a woman or she has an interest in you, please be honest and tell her you're not 100% sure to be sexually attracted to women. If she is experimenting too or is asexual it may be the best for you.
    Why I'm asking this is because women too have sexual needs and if you enter a monogamist romantic relationship with a woman to just cuddle and talk, that may very well make a very frustrated girlfriend. That's not something I wish for anyone! (*hug*)

6. Ruby Dragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Makes perfect sense, and thank you for throwing that in there. Best would probably be to tell someone I'm interested in, or someone who's interested in me, irrespective of gender that I'm still figuring myself out. But especially when it comes to other women. I'd hate to lead someone on or give them false hopes.

I actually came out to yet another friend today and we had a long discussion about bisexuality and homosexuality. His daughter is a lesbian, and he's very open-minded about it. I felt comfortable with coming out to him as bisexual. And he had a few questions for me and we talked very openly about it, even the sexual aspect of it. And that's when I realized I am actually sexually attracted to women. I think the main problem in my confusion is that I have no experience in that field. Sure, I've kissed another woman before and it felt amazing and natural but nothing sexual to-date.

Maybe that's all I need to finally put my mind at ease and figure this thing out. But I'm not saying that I'll hook up with just anybody, it'll have to be with someone I actually have feelings for, i.e. in a committed relationship. Someday..... Hopefully soon

Thanks for everybody's help and advice and for taking the time to read this (*hug*)