1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not sure if he likes me

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Kuroi, Aug 15, 2012.

1. Kuroi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    There is this guy, he claims to be straight, but I think that he might have a thing for me. He is type of guy that i like and would like to date him however im not sure what he feels so i need your opinions.

He once allowed me to hug/cuddle with him but that was when no one was around to see. Also when we are alone he tends to get closer to me than usual and holds long eye contacts. His eyes in that moment are partially opened and give a „im attracted to you“ look. I am the only one he allows to read his poetry. Today when we had to part ways he got close to me and when in a moment (when I was about to leave and he was as well) he turned and something about him made it seem as he wanted to kiss me. I don't really know if he has a thing but is in denial of feelings or my hopes are making me blind to truth. There is a girl from his past that he used to date but stopped after she asked him to have sex with her. Also in present there is a girl around he acts happy and he touches her a lot. They also have this thing where they take others hair rubber as prisoner of sort (he has long hair). Also once he was drunk (friends around us) he said that if he was slightly bi-curious he would kiss me at the spot, which should mean that he imagined/intended doing so right?

I don’t really know what to think. Anyone been in similar situation? What is the beast next move i can make?

I know that he can be straight and still like a guy but i think that (if he has a thing for me) he believes that having feelings for a guy makes you gay and is refusing to consider himself such.

2. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, to begin with, assuming that he did have feelings for you, what are some reasons that you think he might be claiming to be straight?

It's hard to analyze him at a distance, and at third-hand, but either he's just a straight person who's very comfortable being affectionate, even with someone who's gay, or he is hiding and/or struggling with feelings of his own, possibly for you.

Two questions - does he know that you're gay? and what are you hoping for from him in this situation?

3. Kuroi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    He knows.
    I believe that he is straight because he was in a serious relationship with female before, however he ended the relationship when she wanted to go to the third base (which goes in favor of him being gay). Also he had shown a lot of interest in one particular girl. I dont know what he feels towards her but he acts differently around her. Thats all in favor of him being straight that I can remember.

Well, he is my friend and the closest person I know to the deffinition of my perfect man. So if he has simillar feelings i would like to be with him. That is what I am hoping for.

4. Mackattack

Mackattack Guest

This sounds like my best friend! lol She claims she's straight, but every time she and I hang out she always tries to flirt with me. Actually it's sort of awkward when she starts to flirt with me because I'm not interested in her like that at all, but she always jokes with me about me being a lesbian and how she wishes she could be one sometimes as well.

5. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not wanting to go to third base - whatever that may be (definitions can be a little slippery in my experience) - may just mean he wasn't all that attracted to her in particular. You mention he's attracted to - or at least showing interest in - another woman now, so I think it's hard to rule that out at this point.

The thing to keep in mind about wanting a relationship with him - and there's nothing wrong with feeling that way, btw - is that, if he doesn't have those kinds of feelings for you, or he isn't willing to express them fully, then is he really the perfect guy? Maybe close to it, but that's a big thing to be missing. :slight_smile:

It seems to me like there are a few ways you could approach him about this. You could ask him if he ever feels attracted to guys and just leave yourself out of the issue for now, but that may end up being fairly transparent. Or, if he knows you are gay, and he has no problem with that (which seems clear), you could just tell him that you're having some feelings for him and that you think you should talk about them, without implying that you necessarily want to be in a relationship with him (this keeps the stakes low and might help him be more honest).

Do you think this is something you could talk to him about? Or is that not something you're ready to do?

6. Kuroi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I talk to him on daily basis, I think that I'll try to ask him descretly.

Thx for help.