1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questioning

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by VMKMagic, Aug 15, 2012.

1. VMKMagic

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    For almost the past two years I've had this issue. I'm turned on by males, but I like girls. I don't know if this is a stage or I should consider myself bi, gay, or straight. I'm not so much confused on what I am, but what to consider myself.

I've tried to take advice from other sources, but I find them to be incredibly biased against homosexuals and transgenders.

Thanks for any support :slight_smile:

2. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Do you mean you find males sexually attractive but are attracted to females emotionally?

3. VMKMagic

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Yes, this is what I pretty much meant.

4. paul

Yeah I was reading something about that earlier but my mind is letting me down right now. Actually I just remembered! If you read any of my posts, I am a big Bravo fan and have a interest in realty. Anyway Madison Hildebrand said the same exact thing on Million Dollar Listing and his female friend told him that you need to find a male that is emotionally attractive to you. Basically find an effeminate guy. Obviously I may be overstating things some bit but you will meet a gay man that is emotionally and sexually attractive to you.
    Best of Luck,
    Paul

5. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Can you see yourself in a relationship with a guy? Are you attracted to women sexually at all or mostly just guys?

6. VMKMagic

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I really can't see myself in a relationship with a guy. And some women do, but guys can turn me on too.

&& Post above, thanks for the advice.

7. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Have you started to accept the fact that you could possibly be bisexual or gay? I know before I came to terms with it, I was telling myself that I only liked guys in a purely sexual way, but that I desired to be in a relationship with a female. I was trying to tell myself that I wasn't gay. Obviously I was in denial, lol. But after accepting myself, I was able to open up my mind a lot more and see what I truly desired.

8. VMKMagic

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I'm accepting too it. I think of it as if I could be happy with a man or a women, why would it matter. I'm probably just pansexual, but I haven't really figured it out yet. I can talk to people about homosexual matters and purely forget that males can turn me on. I'm just more concerned about the issue, because it's been close to two years since I've started feelign this way.

9. Meghan1

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I have to say, I am finding many of these posts to be helpful. I am in a similar boat. I am attracted to women and men, both sexually. But, more so women. And it's easier to picture myself having a serious relationship w/ a woman... When I'm around an openly gay friend I am envious of her... I've never acted on my feelings with anyone (sexually) male or female though... But reading advice from people who have gone through this is a big help

10. thylvin

thylvin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What kind of neighbourhood are you coming from, what kind of school and school life did you have? homophobic or not? If you are coming from a conservative background that can have an effect on you personally. Like people around you and who you grow up with only talk about heterosexual relationships, that by doing that you have it in your mind that it is the right thing for you. Yet attraction can be a powerful thing, whether it's sexual or emotional or what ever. It can show you some of your true feelings, reveal what was hidden before.

Are you also sexually attracted to girls (like do you get a hard on when you see a sexy girl walks past or not). you didn't say, but you do point out that you are sexually attracted to guys. In my opinion it could be your background which is causing the confusion, gosh knows it did for me until I moved out of the town to a city where I knew no one and can be myself.