1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Don't know how to ask her.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Aria, Aug 15, 2012.

1. Aria

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hi, all. I'm new here, and I find myself in a very confusing predicament. I've always been pretty openly gay. It's not something I generally wear on my sleeve, but I do flirt and I won't deny it if I am asked.

Recently, I had a job at a store and instantly became smitten with one of my supervisors. I don't really know what it is about her. She's not my usual type, I don't know her very well, but for some reason, I could not, and cannot, stop thinking about her. Coming into work everyday, I hoped she was the one on shift, even if I only got a few sentences in with her during my own work hours.

We never flirted, we only had small talk, really. She seemed to enjoy having me around, but I didn't read too much into it other than just being a good employee generally.

Well, I ended up leaving that job in favor of a better one suited to some of my health issues, but almost two weeks later, I just cannot stop thinking about her. I wouldn't say I want to date her, but I certainly want to get to know her better, and I want it immensely. I just don't know how to go about approaching her since the only way I know how to get in contact with her is to go to the store and hope she's on shift.

And while I'm fully expecting her to reject my offer (I feel like I have to ask anyway for any sort of closure), say she says yes and this goes swimmingly. I haven't dated in a couple years nor am I an easy person to date. I feel like I'm getting ahead of myself and this whole situation is just one big mess in my head.

I guess the immediate question is how should I approach her and what would be the best thing to say?

2. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd say go for it! If she rejects your offer at least you can say you tried. It's better to try and fail then to not try at all. Go to the store if possible, during her work hours and strike up a conversation. Tell you'll like to catch up sometime and ask her if she wants to grab a bite to eat or a cup of coffee from Starbucks. If that's too straight forward then try adding her on Facebook and send her a message. Good Luck!

3. AshenAngel

AshenAngel Guest

Ask her to have coffee somewhere with you. Nothing formal. No pressure!:slight_smile:

4. heygurlhey

heygurlhey Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    go into the work, during a time when u think she is working, and strike up a convo. im sure she will be happy to see u!. Then of course ask her how work has been, maybe even say like " how has work been without me here?" see her response maybe she will say " its been lonely :frowning2:" or something! haha. definitely just make some small talk. if the convo goes well, tell her that u two should get together outside of work and u wanna get to know her better or somethin, and since u dont work there together anymore u dont see her as much!. Maybe she will give u her number or something. Also, u guys could add eachother on facebook :slight_smile:. U never know what can happen! goodluck!

( could u answer my question too? need some help, another lesbian situation, thanks :slight_smile: )
    http://emptyclosets.com/forum/suppo...-embarrased-after-gay-lesbian-experience.html

#4 heygurlhey, Aug 17, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2012
  5. Aria

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm going in tomorrow and having a good friend of mine wingman for me to distract this other employee who is extremely in everyone's business and very 'open' about her feelings on things. So, hopefully all goes well, and if it doesn't, I can say I tried and find some closure.

I'm not foreseeing a lot of time for small talk if she is on shift, so I'll have to be a little more bold in my approach.

Guh, I'm very nervous, though!