1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Obsessive Ex

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by secretguyX, Aug 16, 2012.

1. secretguyX

So this is the same guy I've posted about multiple times.

The other day we hung out with us and a friend, and when the friend left, my ex tried to get me back, and kept trying to kiss me and make a move on me. I kept backing up, and he finally gave up.

There's this other guy who likes me, who's my friend, and apparently they're kind of friends too. My ex made up some stupid rumor that every guy this girl dates turns into a lesbian. Then said he was only telling me this because he didn't want me to be a lesbian, and said there's some special guy out there for me, not girl. Now the rumor was enough to piss me off, but his ignorance of my sexuality bothered me even more. And now he's bothering that guy, saying he wants to get me back.

Since then, I told him it was whatever, but ended the conversation, and we talked about schedules one day. He then mentioned his attempt to dance with a girl he knows that I used to like, and that I'm kinda friends with, which stupidly annoyed me, but that's besides the point. Then we had some conversation about braces and he tried complimenting me.

I've ignored him since then, which was... Tuesday morning. He's sent 10 text messages since I last talked to him (4 of which from today), and 3 facebook messages today. Oh, and he called me. I didn't answer any. I need space, and I've told him this before. He always says he'll stop, but he doesn't. And I don't think he knows how to be "just friends". Actually we're "married" on facebook right now, cause, well he asked me too, i don't know, just some stupid thing. But I need him to stop interfering with any future relationships/friendships I may have, and stop being obsessive. I've given him so many chances to stop, and he doesn't.

2. Hot Pink

This guys sounds like he has some pretty messed up logic. He wants to get you back, apparently, by not taking no for an answer, spreading vicious rumors about your friends, and harassing you with constant messages?

I would say try getting him to stop one more time. Tell him you're not interested straight to his face. Doesn't matter if you've said it before, just do it anyway. If he keeps sending you messages, be sure to keep all of them, and go get help. Go to your school counselor or make an appointment with the principal, or tell your parents. Just tell someone. Use the messages as evidence if you have to. It sucks but sometimes people don't understand that you're serious unless you get some authority involved. I know from experience.

3. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm definitely behind all of this, but also I'd suggest removing your "married" status with him from facebook. It may not be a big deal, but in its own small way, this could be one method of controlling you - which, it sounds like, is exactly what he's trying to do. So if you don't see a need for it, and it makes you uncomfortable, then don't leave it up.

And just to reiterate, please do talk to someone if he doesn't back down after one more try.