1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need some advice.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by J200587, Aug 16, 2012.

1. J200587

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've had this tight group of friends for a few years now. Outside of them, there's not many people I care to hang out with. Over the past year or so, one by one, they started dating. They're all straight and it's great that they're happy. I'm not in a very "gay-friendly" area so it's been exceedingly difficult for me to find a significant other. I just feel left behind. We still hang out and stuff, but they're usually talking or texting with their significant others. It's not the same.

I guess this has turned into more of a rant than anything. Sorry about that and thanks if you've read this far. I want to talk to them about it, I just don't want to seem like a jealous douche.

2. Gen

Gen

What do you want to talk to them about?

But, it is definitely frustrating to be single in the middle of all your friends relationships. I know you said that your area isnt very gay friends, but are you sure there arent any LGBT related things around? That could help you atleast meet some new people. Other than that we kinda just have to tough through the dry spells it seems.

But I know you find someone special in time (*hug*)

3. J200587

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks for the kind words :slight_smile: I want to tell them how I feel, but it's not their fault I feel this way. It hasn't affected that much until one of the guys in our group that used to come hang with me if one of us was bored started dating. I just get too attached to people and then get down when they find that special person. I guess I'm just tired of making new friends. I like the ones I have lol.

4. Hawthorne

Oh I know this feeling, oh so much do I know this feeling. I wish I had some good advice on the subject I will think about it and post back in the morning when I have given it some thought on it but what I did which is not the best idea was I just disappeared on them I just stopped being in situations like that and that is all I did.

5. J200587

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yea, I've tried that before, too. I just like these friends too much to do that.

6. Ventus

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've been there. My ex bestfriend and I were tight as a knot. Things quickly changed when he got a girlfriend. He started creating circles with people that I wasn't familiar with. Eventually we stopped talking to each other all-together. These days he drinks excessively and dropped out of college (total character shift from the person I used to know).

I found new friends, but I still occasionally look back and wonder what happened.