1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tired

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by alwayshope11, Aug 17, 2012.

1. alwayshope11

Just venting a bit...I'm just so tired of worrying and stressing..it seems when I stop worrying about one thing related to me being gay, another thing pops up! I know it's still all so new to me, but it feels like theres so much to worry about as a gay man...ugh ok just wanted to vent! You're all so great on this site!

2. Kuroi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    We have all been there and some still are. I know the feel its present right now. Nothing I know to do about it though.

3. wc1

wc1

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just roll with the blows. Be happy in the knowledge that you are no longer in the 'what am I' stage.

4. alwayshope11

Wc1 .. Great way to think :slight_smile:

5. SkyDiver

I know exactly what you mean. But I'll tell you what I do and it helps me alot.

Make a mental list of what exactly is bothering you. Just get away from the world for a couple hours if you can (I go for hikes!) and stop to think "What exactly is bothering me right now?"

When you're only focused on one worry as opposed to 15, it's so much easier to think rationally about it and really put it into perspective. Just think about what you could to do to make it better, whether it's really a worry or not, etc. Just keep doing that until you've gone through the list. Oftentimes, I find that there wasn't really that much anyways... :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I just overreact and tend to make things far bigger than they actually are.

Oh, and remember to breathe. You've probably heard this before, but in through the nose, out through the mouth, slowly. Breathe in the good things and breathe out the bad things. Doing this has helped me avoid several panic attacks.

(*hug*) Just push through it and enjoy the small things in life.

#5 SkyDiver, Aug 17, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2012
  6. alwayshope11

Thanks for the good advice so far! I just feel like there's no way out from my worries and it gets me so sad...I feel like there is always something new to worry about and it's exhausting.