1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help for a questioning teen

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Shiina, Aug 17, 2012.

1. Shiina

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    This is the first time I have ever talked about this to anyone any way (that I remember) so please go easy on me.
    Lately I have been questioning my gender, and trying to look for some answers on why I feel this way. I can't say exactly when I started to question my gender because of my horrendous memory, but my mom said that when I was young I refused to us a urinal so that might be something.
    More to the point when I was around 12 and everyone would be gone I would sneak into my sisters room and wear some of her clothes until they got home.
    I never had a father figure in my life and grew up with my mother, grandmother and younger sister, so that's why I'm thinking that my gender questioning isn't real.
    To more resent history my mother found a stash of my sister's old clothes in my room :icon_redf, but she never said anything about it so I don't know what that means.
    When ever my mom or friends ask if there are any girls that I'm into I avoid the question because it doesn't feel right to me.
    Whenever I get an erection I always despise it and wish that it would go away.
    I very much dislike to take showers because I don't like how I look.
    I'm a big gamer and when ever it ask the gender for the character I stay at that question for sometime thinking what I should do go with what I feel is right, or go with what people see me as.
    When I'm changing for gym I always feel weird because I'm surrounded by guys.
    I don't know what else to put down, I'm just very confused right now and I need some :help:

2. Jim1454

Hi there, and welcome to EC! I think you've come to the right place.

There are several transgender people here who will hopefully comment in this thread. From what you're describing, it could certainly be true that you identify as female rather than male. And there's nothing wrong with that - it just is the way you are.

How old are you now? That might help people with their suggestions for you.

3. J Snow

Hey, welcome to EC =)

Huh... interestingly enough I was the same way... My whole way through elementary school I would only pee in the stall, and got made fun of for it. I even started going entire school days without peeing because I was afraid to go to the bathroom...

I started wearing my mom and sister's clothes in private around 12 or 13 as well.

I've kind of always done the same thing. I feel much more comfortable playing as a female character but I'll worry about friends wondering I want to play a female.

I don't know your age, but if you happen to be in college I would advise seeing if you're school has a free counseling program. If that's not possible, I know my health insurance plan actually covers therapist visits for Gender Identity Disorder. I've been seeing a therapist for free at my university for months about this and actually she just told me she would give me her approval for hormone therapy if I chose to start. I think it would do you a lot of good to have a professional to talk to in person.

If you ever want to talk more or ask me any questions feel free to write on my wall any time =)

4. Shiina

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi I'm 16 right now, but in my high school we have guidance concealers that we can see when ever we need to, I think that I might see him when school starts up again. Thanks for taking the time to reply to my post it means allot to me.

5. J Snow

Its not a problem. I wish I had tried to see someone to address my feelings when I was 16 instead of 21 =P I think it would be a good idea.