1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What should I do?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Crazyfoo, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Crazyfoo

Lately this guy from my cal class has been catching my eye. I swear I spend more time looking at him than the board.

The thing is I've never seen him around let alone spoken to him, so I don't know much about him or anything. I'm not one to get really nervous, but the thing is we've never gotten the chance to talk or anything. He sits across the room and there is never an empty spot around him. We usually work the entire class, so I can't really talk to him there. He's very quiet, and doesn't really talk to anyone. I'm pretty sure he's a year ahead of me. I actually never see him anywhere after class. Of course I'm still in the closet, so it's not like I'm going to go up to him and tell him I like him or anything lol

So I need some advice. How can I start up a conversation with him if he rarely even talks, I've only just seen him, and it's practically impossible to talk to him during class. (Plus I have an obnoxious friend that sits near him, and whenever I get up she'll start saying stupid embarrasing stuff about me, we're just like that, lol).

Wait?! I don't even know his name!

2. kgmn

first, just keep playing smooth like you are.

find out his name casually. facebook him and stalk away :slight_smile:

hopefully it will unravel from there.

any speculation if he is gay or not?

3. Crazyfoo

lol @ stalking

I don't have a myspace, facebook, etc.

I haven't even thought about his sexuality. Even though, that's like the most important thing! lawl

4. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ditch your friend for the class... or tell her to back off. A friend who hampers you in your pursuit of someone you're interested in is not much of a friend.

Get to class early and get a seat near him.

Follow him out of class and start talking about something you have in common... like the class that just ended, the teacher, some school-based news.

5. SpikySpice

It took me mor ethan half a year to find out his name, just listen to when teh teacher calls a name and he responses, or soemone talks to him and say the name

Coem to class early stand in teh doorway, wait for him to walk by then say hi, do that everyday, he'll figure it out himself

Write him a note? I did that one, it turned out to be a love note and I pissed myself off, so i dont think that works cuz he'll knw right away that you are gay if you send him a piece of paper, and you dont know is he gay or not yet

If see him on teh hallway say waz uo or stuffs like that

Good luck approaching him :slight_smile:

6. kgmn

update us :grin:

I would love to hear more on this one !

7. Wiseman

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I would suggest getting to class as early as possible and do your best to sit next to where he does or near by. Here is the trick (trust me I have done this) on a day you have homework do in that class have it out on your desk to make it look like you are just finishing. Since you will be so "focused" on finishing you can ignore your friend and you have an excuse as to why you did. Then ask him what answer he got and if he got it right say you got the wrong answer and that he must be smart.

Try to sit by him for a couple of days and ask questions here and there. Then ask him if he would help you study before the next test. Now you can get sometime with him outside of school.

8. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh my gosh, that's SO funny... I have never gone to such lengths to talk with a guy. I guess it probably WOULD work, though. I just have trouble playing dumb.

9. Crazyfoo

Found out his name: Gilbert. :eusa_clap Gotta love roll call.

I would try getting there early, but that mean getting out of 1st block earlier. I usually get there after him, but I'll try.

I think it'd be weird if I went to the other side of the room just to ask him for help. lol
    I'll try sitting near him, but there are mostly girls sitting there that'll probably get angry if I make one of there friends move...

Anyway, thanks for all the suggestions. I really appreciate them. I'll probably ask him for help as I'm turning in my homework.

10. ohioboy

YOU COULD say something to one of your friends like i heard this gilbert guy is like amish but say it loud so he can hear it maybe he will correct you and start talking.....lol just a thought