1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In a world so cruel

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by everett, Aug 17, 2012.

1. everett

I have a lot I want to say and this is the first time I have ever had that chance to do so. The world scares me. Everyday, I see the hate everywhere, I see the ignorance, the insults, the crazed beliefs that so many follow and not once do I see many use logic to be more reasonable. Whether its bible followers, politics, or whatever, whoever, the hate....it's just so hard to sit there and try and take it everyday. I am blessed with my family and friends, who love me for who I am, but beyond that circle, I feel scared to even start into the real world because I am so afraid that once I do, that there will be no one there behind me.

I try not get teary eyed about this...but I can't help it. I'm scared. What do I do? How do I keep struggling through the hate and not let it get to me?

2. LailaForbidden

I've struggled with this alot myself, so maybe i won't give the best advice..but i think all we can do is try to focus on the good things, as hard as that might be. The world is cruel and we can't change that, sadly. All we can do is accept it and try not to focus on it. but anyway if you want to talk just message me :slight_smile:

3. everett

Thank you. This world is so hard but when I know there are others here who share this with me, it really does make a difference in my life.

4. lwp08reh

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    From what you've said I assume you live in the US where God and the Church seem to be a dominant factor in American life. You should move to Europe where liberal society rules the roost

5. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, living in this society can be daunting sometimes. A few weeks ago I got pretty depressed thinking about some stuff related to us and how we're treated/thought of as less than so I know how you can feel at times. At the same time though, there are many people out there that aren't so bad and narrow minded. I know at times you can feel pretty small and lonely in this world, but there are many of us just like you, whether you notice us or not. Your family and friends love and accept you, that's a lot more than some people have. When you find a guy to share your love with, a lot of those hateful and ignorant people out there in the world will seem pretty insignificant since you know what you feel in your heart is as valid as any love no matter what people say.

6. everett

I hear that alot and lord knows I would love to come to the other side of the world. I hear its very relaxing there!
    :slight_smile:
    You guys are very awesome and thank you all for the encouragement! And its true, love does make the world a better world.

My other issue has been my mother. While she has been very great to me, I think she is still struggling to come to terms with it. She addmitted she is afraid of her sister finding out and I think her fear is what others think of her. I don't want her to be hurt but on the other hand I do want to come out to others and not have to hide so much.
    :confused: At the age of 23 now, I wonder if its waiting untill I am on my own and out of the house or if its to give her more time.

#6 everett, Aug 17, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2012