1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help I'm getting hard!!!!!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Johndoe, Aug 17, 2012.

1. Johndoe

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I just want to know how to keep from getting a boner. I am on a sports team and after practice we have to shower together. I am bi and not out. How to I keep from getting a boner when seeing these guys naked? Help please!!!!

2. paul

Yeah just take a shower at home or say something about needing special medicine for a skin condition or acne. Believable and people usually wont ask more after that.
    Best of Luck,
    Paul

3. BornThisway44

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I was in the army and showered with guys but felt nothing sexual from it so was never aroused. All i can say is bust one out before practice so you cant get hard. Stop showering with them. oryeah rub one out so that you will be to drained to get hard. those are the only things i can think of good luck

4. ANightDude

I'm sorry, but the title of this thread. :lol:

Really, you can just not look or just not shower. Do a quick wash-up instead and wait until you get home. You wouldn't be the first guy, and I'm sure many straight guys do the same thing.

5. Gen

Gen

I though I was the only one who giggled :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. Anyway, I'm sure everyone doesnt shower with the team. I dont get aroused in lockeroom situations, but I refuse to use public showers for cleanliness reasons. So just leave or try not to think about them.

6. Annon

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey mate. Only read your post, johndoe. I used to play rugby for my town. When we showered, someone would take me home, I would shower, then go back because sometimes there was a ceremony type thing on. Other people that didn't want to shower naked would just leave their underwear or thermals on, not get to wet, just enough water to scrub off the dirt. I think my friends did a better job than me when coming up with idea so we didn't have to shower naked. Hope this helps. Annon

---------- Post added 18th Aug 2012 at 08:35 AM ----------

Almost forgot. When I went home to shower, I thought I was straight at the time.

7. Aldrick

Well, first of all you shouldn't be afraid to take a shower just because you might get an erection. Getting an erection - especially at your age - isn't a sign of being gay or bisexual or anything else. At sixteen a light breeze can get you hard. Simply the thought of undressing can get you hard.

The best advice that can be given is to masturbate as short of time as possible before you have to take a shower. This will greatly diminish the possibility of getting an erection, and of course focus on doing your business and getting out of there also helps. If you want to check out the other guys (and there is nothing wrong with that!) do it after you're dressed and have some way to conceal yourself if you get an erection. That's always what I did when I was in the locker room during gym class.

A little secret is that you're not the only one with this fear. Most of the guys are terrified of being seen naked by the other guys. Their fears range from worries over their penis being too small and being mocked, to what people will think if they get an erection while taking a shower. It's normal.

Worst case scenario happens and you get an erection... so what? It doesn't mean anything, and the same thing can happen to a straight guy. The worst reaction you can have in that moment is fear, panic, or shame. Other boys around your age can taste and smell that like sharks sense and taste blood in the water.

First, there is the possibility that no one will notice and even if they do, they might not say anything. A lot depends on the mood and atmosphere in the locker room.

Second, don't constantly think about not getting hard. The more you think about getting an erection, even if it's "DO NOT" get an erection, the more likely it is to happen. It's like saying, "Don't think of a pink elephant." Congratulations, you just thought of a pink elephant. Go into the locker room with a confident attitude, and don't let insecurity and fear eat away at you. Just prepare ahead of time to prevent it from happening (masturbate!), and mentally plan out how to deal with it if it happens. Like, for example, make sure you have a towel as close as you can to the showers. This way if it happens you can get out of there and use the towel to conceal yourself.

Third, if you notice yourself starting to get hard don't panic. Don't do what I said don't do in the second part and try and think about NOT getting an erection. Instead, discretely and nonchalantly turn around in such a way like you're trying to rinse your hair or something. Think about something disgusting; for example imagine your grandmother removing her dentures, licking her aging lips, and talking about how she wants to give you a blow job or something. If it turns your stomach and makes you want to vomit, then think of that.

Fourth, an even worse case scenario than getting an erection is someone noticing you have one. Okay, big deal, right? Depending on how things are approached, the best way to deal with this is humor. In some cases, someone might notice, but not say anything. In other cases, they might say something to the other guys. The worst thing you can do - again - is feel fear, panic, or shame over it. The other guys will sense it, and it'll make things worse. As a general rule, they're going to take the lead from you on how to respond. If you act like it's a big deal; they're going to act like it's a big deal. If you act like it's nothing, and laugh it off - they're likely going to do the exact same thing.

A good way to act like it is nothing is to laugh it off. Depending on your relationship and personality with the other guys, you can make a joke at their expense or at your own. Go with the flow. The more nonchalant you act at this point the better.

It really helps to remember that this is a fear and insecurity a lot of guys have when it comes to taking public showers with other guys. Yes, even 100% straight guys. Every guy by the time they reach your age have experienced erections at inconvenient times. The key is to not be ashamed, even if you're a little embarrassed. Laugh it off, treat it as no big deal, and in most cases everyone else will follow your example. The reverse is also true.

Just remember to plan ahead, and the less you worry and obsess over it the less likely it is to happen.

8. ArcusPravus

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Aldrick pretty much hit everything on the head. There really isn't anything to worry about. It's not a big deal. Also keep in mind, the only people who are really going to be looking and noticing aren't really the ones at issue. If someone notices your dick is hard, they had to be looking at your dick in the first place, not something straight guys tend to want to advertise.

There are really only three ways I've ever come across to get rid of an erection. 1) happy fun time. 2) wait. 3) completly occupy your mind with something else. Not exactly an easy thing to do, but thinking about an erection is going to cause an erection. Perhaps you've heard of or seen jokes in movies/tv about thinking of your parents naked or something else distastful. That's in the right direction, but usually not sufficient. Start counting by powers of two (or three if your like me and are comp sci oriented and have most of the first 20 memorized), or trying to remember the lyrics of a song backwards. Things like that take a lot of concentration, and effectivly distract yourself from being aroused and problem solved. The worst thing you can do is obsess over it cause then your mind is accessing things related to being aroused, which just puts you in a loop.

9. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Keeping a mental image of the following picture, and thinking about it when you start to get hard, will likely be helpful. :slight_smile:

[​IMG]

But on a more serious note, has this actually happened, or are you just scared to death that it will?

The thing about erections is that, while at your age they definitely do happen involuntarily, they also generally require a certain amount of unconscious cooperation, which means that, for most people, when they're in an environment that makes them nervous, an erection is physically not possible. That's one of the big fears I hear from people about going to nude beaches or clothing-optional hot springs and the like. And the reality is, it just isn't something that happens commonly.

But if it does, thinking of that lovely picture of Helen Thomas (a lovely woman and brilliant former White House correspondent) often helps things along.

10. Aria

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Excuse me while I empty the sand out of my pants...

11. Gen

Gen

CHIP WHY???? I CANT KILL THE MENTAL PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!! :tears:

12. confounded88

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    -Chip

lol lol lol, I can't see how this would ever NOT work... that poor lady
    :icon_bigg:lol:

13. alwayshope11

I hate the word moist!

14. babyjax13

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    When I get scared I tend to go limp, so the locker room was fine.

15. Ventus

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Send your mind somewhere else. Don't look at them.

If possible, fap before you take a shower.

Image something that totally turns you off.

16. Jaason

I have to say I was surprised no one seems to have mentioned this:

THE EASIEST WAY: Turn the water to freezing cold when you feel like you're getting hard or right after you're done showering. It's very difficult physically to have an erection when you're freezing down there, so it works like a charm. Don't have to do any mental thinking either; usually that just makes things worse! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: