1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

He stares at me..... He has a girlfriend?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Ruth, Aug 18, 2012.

1. Ruth

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    (I wasn't really sure whether to post this here but I've been reading posts on the forum for ages and everyone has such good advice and insight.)

There's a guy that works at my local shop and for the last 3 months he's stared at me every time I go in and if I pay at his checkout he holds eye contact with me for longer than "normal". I noticed this but didn't really think much of it until my mum and sister started pointing out that he was staring at me as I walked round the shop. (I realise this sounds creepy but we're about the same age and he's cute :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: )

I realised last week that it had been 3 months (because I remember it started before I had exams in June) and so I decided to do something. I asked one of the people who works there what his name was and she asked if I liked him and said she'd have a word with him......

Turns out he has a girlfriend so now I'm wondering why the hell he's been staring at me for the last 3 months?! (and I might be a little annoyed :wink: )
    I'm not expecting anything to happen because I don't want to come between him and his girlfriend or anything, but I do want to know why he's been staring at me so much and if he has feelings for me because he sure acted like he did..... Also doesn't this make him a bit of a **** if he was staring at me all that time and he had a girlfriend?!

Any advice appreciated and thanks to anyone who reads all this. (I think I really wrote it to make myself feel better. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: ) I keep thinking maybe I'm overreacting about the staring but he used to stare into my eyes while at the checkout and then hardly take his eyes off me except when he had to get money or the receipt or something....... I'm very confused :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2. Aldrick

:lol:

So lucky, I wish I had shopping experiences like this. Even if nothing came of it, I think the subtle flirtation is fun. Plus, eye contact is sexy. Sigh. I'm slightly jealous.

Anyway, it's hard to know what he's really thinking. It could be any of the following:

"Ugh, not this bitch again. I hate her guts."

"OMG, she is so freakin' hot. I'd totally wish I could get it on with her right now at checkout number six."

"Why is this girl staring at me? Holy shit. She's not blinking. Hold her gaze. Calm. I've heard if you hold their gaze and checkout slowly they won't attack."

:lol:

It's hard to know what he's thinking, I mean we know how you're interpreting it... but... the only real way to know is to pointedly ask him.

For me, personally, I'd enjoy having a checkout boyfriend. I'd be more flirtatious on purpose, and have fun with it... because you can. Why not? It's not like you're asking him to cheat, you're just having harmless flirtatious fun.

3. Ruth

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hahaha thank you, you've really made me feel better!!!
    Excellent advice, I'm definitely doing that :grin:

I did get served by him today which was a little awkward so I just tried to act normal and made eye contact with him a few times because I'm not going to avoid him, I have some staring to catch up on :wink: