1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My past comes back to haunt me

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Robin, Aug 18, 2012.

1. Robin

So last year, when I knew I was gay, but I wasn’t even thinking of coming out yet, I was sitting at a lunch table with this girl who I used to be in a kindergarten-1st grade “relationship” with. Yeah, we were boyfriend and girlfriend in 1st grade, so that meant nothing. But apparently to her, it did.

I had been sitting at this table for a while, and suddenly that girl sits down and starts talking to me. We had been getting along pretty well for the last week, talking about regular friend stuff, but this time things were a bit more crazy than usual. She brought out this necklace that I had given to her in first grade (which I didn’t remember) and then she started talking about how I went to a dance with this one girl YEARS before and that had really upset her (even though she had set the two of us up :lol:slight_smile:. She then said that that was okay because that girl had been prettier than her anyway. I just kind of grunted and left the table.

That night she sends me a HUGE essay on facebook about how she’s been in love with me all her life and how she resorted to drugs and alcohol because of me and she even goes as far as to say that I didn’t grunt when she said that a girl was much prettier than her, I said that she was right. (She obviously heard what she wanted to hear). :dry:

The next day at school, she comes up to me while I’m walking down the hall, and she asks me if I got her letter on facebook. I immediately say, “Yes, you need to leave me alone now.” I haven’t heard from her since.

So here’s the thing. I may make it sound like I broke this girl’s heart, but my writing doesn’t do her justice. She’s manipulative and a bit off. A relationship with her would be insane. I’m gay anyway, so it didn’t matter, but now it seems to.

I want to join the gay straight alliance at my school, and come out to anyone who asks. Among many other problems, there’s that girl. She’s in the gay straight alliance! :bang:

I just know that she’s going to start saying that the only reason I turned her down was because I am gay, and I can imagine stuff that she could add to that. (I was scared, or insecure, etc.). Thus, she’d be making a big deal about me coming out. So, how do I deal with this? She’s going to bug me all year. :icon_sad:

2. NicoleV96

NicoleV96 Guest

Sounds like a confusing situation, but it's not your fault. I don't see how after a kindergarten and first grade relationship, she could honestly love you, that right there makes me think something's a bit off about her. You could just explain to her things, and tell her how you feel about the situation, it really shouldn't stop you from joining the gay-straight alliance. If you want to join, then join, just don't talk to her, and if she talks to you, just tell her the truth and how you feel.

3. Robin

Just explaining the situation to her and telling her the truth would be interesting. I can only imagine saying one thing, but it would have consequences.

I could say that the reason I didn't go out with her was because I am gay, which is kind of true, but also a bit of a lie since that wasn't what I was thinking at the time. She would either feel good or bad, and either way she would probably go running around telling people that I am gay to "redeem" herself or make herself feel better. (Yes, she's that type of person).

I don't see a way that I could explain things to her without her doing something really overly annoying. :bang: