1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused. Advice?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Vamps94, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Vamps94

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hey,

Well the story is that I have been convinced that I was straight all my life, up until recently.
    I have never thought of male relationships as disgusting, I have always shown that, but in the last year, I have started thinking more about guys.

Like over time I have started to become more and more open to the thought of being in a gay relationship, it has now reached the point where I know if a situation arises where a guy wants to kiss or proceed further with me I would openly let them.

However, I am also still wanting to be in a relationship with a female and hopefully in the future settle down and have kids and grow old and stuff.

I am just confused, I can't talk to anyone abut it because I know it will make things awkward between the few people close enough to talk to about it.

I just need some help.

2. julia

Could you see yourself marrying a man, or even being in a relationship with one? If not, I don't think you're gay or bi, I think you're just curious. But if you want sexual relations and a relationship with a man you could be bi. I wouldn't say gay since you want to be with women too.
    Good luck. (*hug*)

3. Vamps94

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yes, I could see myself in a relationship with a man and even marrying one (If Julia Gillard would hurry up and allow gay marriage).

Thanks for the advice, I will let this just play out naturally for a while and who knows what will happen.

4. Ianthe

It really seems to me more like a man might be what you really want, while a woman is what you think you should want. Or at least, you want to be with a man for sexual or romantic reasons, and your reasons for wanting a relationship with a woman are more about wanting to have the life that your culture teaches you you're 'supposed' to have.

Does that seem possible? Because when you describe wanting to be with a man, you talk about kissing him and allude to having sex, but when you talk about a relationship with a woman, it doesn't seem to be about her at all, but rather about "having kids" and "settling down."

5. Vamps94

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yes that does seem plausible. I did grow up with the whole idea that being gay was a taboo topic. My future to me is to find someone that I love, whether they be male or female, to get married have kids and grow old and die together.

I also know that if I did turn out to be gay/bi that I would lose some of my close guy friends as I know they would find it to weird to still hang out with me. This is not helping me when thinking about the overall situation.

Hopefully in the near future a chance will arrive with the opposite sex and I will truly be able to determine my feelings on this matter.