1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I experiment?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by vhrebels, Aug 19, 2012.

1. vhrebels

vhrebels Guest

Hey everyone! So, over the past few months I've considered myself gay, and I'm afraid of coming out, because I'm worried that I don't really know my sexuality. So, I just went on a caving trip (where you crawl around in caves and stuff) with my boy scout troop, and there was this area where it was really dark, and me and one of my friends kind did some stuff, (nothing serious or anything), and it didn't really turn me on, and this guy was kind of cute. So, I don't really know if I'm asexual or gay or straight or bi or anything like that. Should I not come out yet and date different kinds of people before I tell anyone? This is soo confusing, because whenever I think about sex, its with a guy, but when me and my friend just like cuddled and stuff, I wasn't like turned on or anything.

2. NomadicDave

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You are at a stage/age where these sort of questions are normal and common. When or rather if and when you have intercourse with both men and women you will be in a better place to have an informed opinion. My opinion, and it's just that, is wait in making anything official about your sexual orientation until you have more information and experience to work with.

Dave

3. babyjax13

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'd wait until I was more sure of myself. If you are sure that you are, then think about it for a while and act when the time presents itself, if you are not, think about it more.

4. Janos

Janos Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I was kinda like that at your age, I knew I was attracted to guys but wasn't overly interested in doing anything sexual with them (if that makes sense, I found them attractive and they turned me on but I wasn't really interested in consummating that arousal).
    Eventually over time (couple years) I became more interested in them sexually as well as romantically so my advice is just give it time, think about it, mull it over but I'd advise against sleeping around with different sexes and people just to confirm your own orientation you can end up hurting people pretty badly that way if they fall for you.
    Guess you could try one-night stands with different people but that has it's risks and may not be legal in your country at your age (in the UK 16 is the age of consent but I think America is different?).