1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

no clue what title would fit to this mess

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by shy, Aug 19, 2012.

1. shy

shy

atm I just feel like shit because I'm not really sure if my parents do accept me as gay or not.

When I came out to them (btw, I still live at home) they said that they were perfectly fine with me being gay. So far I have only come out to my youngest brother (concerning my family). I got another brother (also younger than me) and an older sister and to them I'm still closeted.

Now, I just had a discussion with my mom about epillation. I want my hair (chest, belly, pubic and ... asshair?) lasered. Because I'm absolutely sure she would find out about that I told my mom about it. She being not entirely understanding wouldn't exactly fit her opinion as good as... she thinks it's complete brainfu**.

As I have written in another thread, I want my hair epillated because it is oftenly growing inwards. Shaving, waxing or any other treatment (well, safe testosteron decreasing hormone therapy) will only make things worse. Also, I'm not really happy with my bodyhair, I'm really hairy.

At first she tried to find another treatment for my hair (which I'm absolutely fine with) but when she realized that there's no getting through to me like that she started accusing me of wanting to go back into my childhood, wanting to become a child again.
    I told her that, after all I went through and what I have become compared with what I was, I'd never ever in my life want to go back.
    Then she tried to approach me by accusing me as possible paedophile. *insert censored ranting here* Well, I couldn't do much about this since she would never feel like I feel about men of my own age (I'm looking for them, not any younger than me minus 4 years which is far from paedophilia).

I have always suspected her to be into bears. She was almost disgusted at the imagination of my hairless body (well, her preference, but I don't have to be hairy for her, do I?). But how do you explain such a person that you're not gonna live on like she was used to? If I had come out much earlier I could have started shaving a lot earlyer but like that it seems to be like a cultural shock to her (well, it's a big change for me, too).
    Then, before she left my room she asked me about if anyone else had taken influence on my decision (honest reply "no") and if any of my friends had done this beforehand (also "no") and then she started interrogating me about my friends, if any of them were lgbt. I told her about a friend questioning about asexuality but that I'd never give anyone away, that it 'd be their choice to tell her.
    Fair enough, she said that she'd accept that (at least) but that it was my task to come out to my other siblings (my brother, ok, he sometimes keeps making gay jokes but I guess he'll be ok; my sis is just the biggest dramaqueen I've ever seen in my life).

*rereading my thread, I just lost track while writing all sorrows off*

Now, does she really fully accept me as gay? That I want my hair removed? To me it just looks like she accepted, that I don't fancy girls but never assumed I'm gonna have sex with a guy, that it wouldn't ever be affected by my way of behaviour? That I'd always be her oh-so-nice-and-shy son never gonna cause her any trouble?

In that case she really needs to rethink her life :tantrum::tantrum::tantrum:

2. Lad123

Interesting. I don't see why your mum should have any say about whether you can or cannot have your hair removed. You're 24 years old! If its in-growing most of the time then you have a valid reason to have it removed. I think you should just do it even without her approval.

Its also absolutely crazy of her to even think you are peadophile, I mean what kind of parent even does that?! I reckon her reasoning is because you are gay so you must be one then >.>

Your mum is probably taking time to adjust to the situation. How long has it been since you told them?

3. shy

shy

It's not too long, it was in spring this year. She also has a brother who is gay (but definitely not the type of guy like me).
    And since I'm financially dependant on my parents (and I'll have do dip into my savings pretty deeply to pay for it) she may have a word of disapproval what I'm doing with my money. Although she'll never be able to stop me now, since I've texted with my friends to get their opinion and they also think I should do it.

As to the parent who would do that: she really is into hairy men, preferably well build (if not well fed). How should she be understanding a skinny gay guy who wants his hair off? We (friends and me) were also guessing about a reverse oedipus complex.