1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help please!!!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by SarahRod98, Aug 19, 2012.

1. SarahRod98

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    hi umm i need some help. ive recently (well last year/this summer) decided/realized that i am bi. but no one but strangers on random websites knows! i dont know how to tell anyone, i chicken out every time i try. i hear so much about getting disowned or kicked out from your church (im only 13 and just got confirmed as a catholic, although im not sure if i even beleive in that) and im scared. i want to tell people and not hide who i am, but i sont know how! im not sure how my friends and family are about this kind of thing, soo...
    help please! :help:
    ~sarah
    ps sorry for spelling and gramatical stuff, my technology hates me! (or i just cant spell...:confused:)

2. Thats just it! You're only thirteen! You have SO MUCH time to think this through. I would really recommend sticking around here for awhile for a bit and then think about coming out. However if you're completely sure you need to come out this very instance again take some time. Think about what you want to say and why you want to say it. Perhaps write a letter to your parent's as some people like to do that and you could really make sure you cover all your bases. As for you friends and parent's feelings on the LGBTQ community there are ways you could find out their opinions on the issues surrounding us. (Marriage, adoption etc.)

Hope I helped!

3. SarahRod98

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    another question!
    i was just reading another thread and it got me confused... how do you know if your bi or lesbian? i definatly like girls, sexually and romantically, but im not sure if i like guys sexually, or just romantically or as friends. how did you guys figure that out? and is that still bi if i have romantic feelings for both but only sexual for one? thanks

---------- Post added 20th Aug 2012 at 01:59 AM ----------

and thanks bob! :slight_smile:

4. Flow

It's okay, you are still very young. I became confirmed as an "official" Catholic not too long ago. Well, let's just say I'm not apart of the faith anymore but this isn't about me lol. Just think things through, don't act irrationally. If you think it's time to tell people, then go for it. If you don't think you're ready, don't. If you feel like you aren't ready, then wait.

5. Jac

Jac Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think that coming out should not be rushed at all. If it feels right, tell the world at once, but if it doesn't, don't. If you feel as though it's some weight you're holding on your shoulders, then tell someone very close that you can trust.

However, if the words "I am a bisexual" are your fears, then the best place to begin is saying them aloud to yourself to the point that they lose effect and so that you can handle saying them to others without having a panic attack.

Hope I helped,
    Jack

6. Flow

You're still very young. Your hormones are still kicking in and everything may be a little confusing. It's not always black and white.

7. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello and Welcome to EC!!

I can relate a lot to you. I first started to realize that I was bi (I thought that I was bi at first) when I was a freshman in high school. (I guess that I would've been 14 or 15) I had been confirmed into a United Methodist Church when I was 11. I was lucky that my parents were not religious (and still are not). I did have to deal with coming out to members of my church though.

You have a lot of time to figure out your religious beliefs and your sexuality. Both of these are not things that you can figure out overnight. It takes time. Even when you figure out what you are, you can deny it. I was in a state of denial for 5 years. I knew that I was not straight, but I couldn't accept it. This was because my old church had told me that LGBT people and the church did not mix.