1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

gonna come out to my sister

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by speedboy3, Aug 20, 2012.

1. speedboy3

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So I've been thinking about this for a while now and I've decided its high time I come out to my sister. We're pretty close to each other, and I know she'll be able to keep it a secret from my parents until I'm ready to tell them myself, but I'm still worried.

My family is one of those families that are ok with others doing what they want as long as they leave us out of it. So my sisters pretty accepting and open-mnded, as long as it doesn't involve our family, so I'm not sure how she'd react when I tell her. Any advice would be appreciated!

2. Ianthe

It's normal to be worried, even if you have every reason to believe someone will be accepting. Do you really think there's any chance she won't accept you?

Even if she has a hard time at first, I think she'll come around. Siblings are often our best supporters.

Have you thought about how you want to tell her?

3. Gen

Gen

I'm sure that if she can have compassion and acceptence for other people, than she will have even more for you. I wouldnt be too worried. I wish you luck (*hug*).

4. speedboy3

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I think she would, but I'm not sure. I'd be the first in my family to identify as anything other than strait (though I have suspitions about some other family members).

I've given it some thought yes. I have to go over to her apartment today to pick up my laptop that I forgot about and I plan to tell her then. I just wish my nerves would calm down.

---------- Post added 20th Aug 2012 at 01:33 PM ----------

Thats what I'm hoping for. Thanks! (*hug*)