1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Something HAS to change

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Schabanak, Aug 20, 2012.

1. Schabanak

I love a guy from my school. I know he is not gay because I told him that I love him. He was nice to me, but he has no interest. And then he left me alone. I have some friends who know about that and they tried to help me but nothing works. I asked the guy if we could be just friends, but he does not want even that. This situation is destroying me :frowning2:. I dont want lo love him anymore becuase it hurts so much, but I dont know what I have to do. If this continues I am going to break down. I need help :tears:.

2. Gen

Gen

Bring it in (*hug*).

I know its always rough to be in these situations. We wish we could snap our fingers and get over people, but it is far from that easy. Its hard, but you cant allow yourself to break down, its not worth it. He is probably just doesnt feel as confortable now that he knows that you have feelings for him, so I wouldnt take it personally if he pushs you away. You have your friends there to support you, and you have to eventually move on. Which will happen and you wont be in such pain anymore, but it will take time. There isnt really much advice anyone can give you, expect to not allow yourself to lay in the bed all down and think about him.

Just like any other physical wound, there isnt much you can do but wait for it to heal. It will, but in time. (*hug*).

3. rg93

Entspann dich mal, kumpel! (*hug*)

We have all been through similar crap and I can imagine that your crush isn't too comfortable being around you, which may sound meaner than it is. Either that or he doesn't want you to be in constant pain when you are together as friends. Or possibly a mixture of both! :confused: But it is probably for the best, just keep cool. :icon_wink

You'll eventually get over him if you let yourself. And like Gen says, don't lay in your bed thinking about him. Unless you're ill, like I am at the moment. But that's not the point. :grin: The point is that thinking too much about it and contemplating with the "but what if..." are kinda the things you don't want to do! Makes you depressed! :icon_sad:

You don't need direct and immediate help. You just need time to heal and learn to smile again and be happy. You need the support of your friends and not feel like you're alone. Because you genuinely are not alone. (&&&) :wink:

4. Schabanak

danke rg93 (*hug*)
    I know, my friends would do anything to make me happy. At the moment, I can only escape on the weekends from my lonely apparment.

5. Reckless

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Keep strong! Its always hard when you fall for someone and they dont like you back. Its happened many times to me as well. The best advice I have thats worked in the past is just let the guy go for a while. Dont talk to him and just try and move on. Maybe sometime in the future you can try again and it will work. For now hold tight to your friends. They sound like they all accept and care for you.

6. Schabanak

Not talk to the guy? 21 of my 34 lessons in a week do i have with him :frowning2:. And, as usual in the 12th grade, there is a lot of partner work -.-

7. rg93

Huh... the infamous 12th grade... that sucks :icon_sad:

Okay, this may sound retarded, but is it possable that you could strike a deal with the teacher for a partner-swap if he is your partner/in your group?

Alternatively, if you are only working on a few projects, you could just suck it up like the manly man you are ( ! ) and after it's done, try to avoid him afterwards as good as possable. Provided you get to pick who you work with.

#7 rg93, Aug 20, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2012
  8. Butterthecat23

That happened with a guy I liked too.... It's taken me over a year to get over him and I'm still not completely there. :tears: The best thing you can do is get away from him as much as possible. I know that may not be completely possible with school, but you don't have to talk to him or be anywhere near him if you two have to be together. And another helpful thing to do is try and find someone else to crush on/hang out with/be friends with. It may take a while but it will get easier. I'm here to talk to if you want as well. :smilewave