1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need some help making sense of things

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Jacket, Aug 20, 2012.

1. Jacket

Hey

Well there's this guy I was seeing for a couple of weeks, until I have had to move home (which is quite a distance away and we can't really travel to see each other).

The thing is, he really likes me and I'm not entirely sure how I feel about him. At times I miss him and wish I could see him, then at others I couldn't care less. I just keep swinging between what I consider to be having feelings for him, and then not really caring too much.

I'm just not sure what to make of it and its driving me mad since I don't know what to do!
    We text very frequently too and I never mind getting a text off him.

I'm just worried that I might only be liking him because I'm lonely and not because I really do like him, which I'd feel terrible about if I let it go too far because I don't want to hurt him like that.

Does anyone have any advice about how I can better understand what I really feel?

Thanks in advance

2. Jim1454

If you're just not that into him, then you're not. I think you'd know if you were.

Maybe you'd be best to let him know that you don't think you're prepared to try to make a long distance relationship work, and to 'cut him loose' so to speak. I'm not sure if you're 'officially' dating or you've just been 'seeing' him. Either way you'll want to make it clear that you aren't making any promises, but that you'd like to stay in touch.

If you get home and realize that you really care for him, then you'll be able to tell him that. If you get home and don't even miss him once you're around friends and family, then it might have been situational and not something too meaningful.

Good luck!

3. Jacket

This is the thing that really confuses me.
    I go through periods of missing him a lot, then I go through not minding too much.
    I'm really not sure what I really feel towards him.

Just after a way to try and work it out.

4. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

I'm going to agree with Jim. If you aren't sure that you are feeling it, then its very probable that you aren't feeling it at all.

I do know that it isn't as easy as cutting him off and going on with your life though. I have been there twice and it can be complicated. So what I will say is to treat it as a life lesson. Something to base your other relationships on and to compare it to. For now, enjoy it while you want. I will say though, sooner or later it will really hit you that you aren't really into him, which is fine. That's what dating is about. Finding and figuring out what you like and don't like :slight_smile:

Are you guys officially going out btw? If not, then its more than likely that the situation will die on its own.

5. Jacket

Thanks for your advice both of you.

And no we're not officially going out.