1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

realy scared

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by whatami, Aug 20, 2012.

1. whatami

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    im 14 and i think im gay/bi and im realy scared to come out to friends and loved ones. My friends i think will be fine but my family is very religious and i dont think they will accept me for who i am. and im scared that i will be bullied in school. can somebody give me some advice? :newcolor:

2. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello and Welcome to EC!

If you are scared about how your friends will react, why don't you try to ask a question about some recent gay news event?? If they react in a positive way to this, then they will probably be ok to come out to. Also, remember that coming out does not have a set schedule or pattern. You come out when you feel ready to.

Bullying is something that you have to worry about. I'm not sure where you are at, but that can make a difference. Some areas are more accepting than others.

3. whatami

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    thanks for the advice ill be sure to use it!

4. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, you are still very young, so you still have time to figure out everything before u decide to come out. Just be patience please. If you're bullied in school then you stand up for yourself and tell school administrators. If you're ready to come out and it's safe then go for it! If not, then just wait...there's no rush.

5. Hawthorne

I suggest you wait and give it time and get to know yourself better you are so young, I would wait I think that would be the best course of action. Believe me I haven't told my parents and I am almost 21 mainly for the reasons you express concern for. Just wait till you are sure, I am sure but I know it would be detrimental to myself if I came out right here and now.