1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does god hate me?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by whatami, Aug 20, 2012.

1. whatami

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    i think that im gay/bi and the only reason im thinking otherwise is that i think god will hate me if i am! i dont want to spend an eternity in hell, because i would like to go to heaven and be with my family when i die but being gay stops me. This whole topic is making me realy depressed :shrug:

2. ToTheCeilingFan

Religion is a tough subject with no definitive answers. Are you Christian? Is your family also religious? The important thing to remember is that love is love, and when it's between two consenting adults it can never be wrong. What kind of God would disapprove of love?
    There are many churches that accept followers regardless of sexuality. Perhaps you should consider checking out one in your area. Good luck hon, and don't stress...it'll all work out. The important thing is to love yourself for who you are. <3

3. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No, God does not hate you. He loves everyone. There is nothing wrong with you at all. He made you just how you are suppose to be. Unfortunately people misinterpret the bible and condemn people that have absolutely nothing wrong with them. Being gay is as natural as being straight is, we are just less common and less understood. I highly recommend you watch Prayers For Bobby. It has a lot to do with what you are talking about and I think it might help you out. You can see it here on YouTube.. Prayers For Bobby

4. whatami

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    thank you guys for the nice replys it realy made me feel better and made my day
    :slight_smile:

5. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You have just as much right to go to heaven as any other religious person. Loving the same sex does not take that away. (*hug*)

6. Akatosh

It's pretty funny how many misinterpretations are acknowledged by Christians, and how many are not. Such as: going to hell for eating shellfish, owning slaves is okay as long as they are from another country/region, the ol' "damaged goods" method of marrying a woman, and the list goes on. It's pick and choose on which are denounced, and which ones are not. Leads me to believe that they're writing their own rules for many misinterpretations. Think about what ideas you are subscribing to, and decide what is more correct based on Christianity's foundation of love and acceptance. I'm not attacking Christianity, so don't tune me out. I'm simply saying follow common sense and listen to your heart. Love thy neighbor, n' shi... schtuff.

7. Jared

You are not going to hell for being gay, God is loving and doesn't hate you for who you love. We're born gay and God makes each of us and doesn't make mistakes, so he's not going to send us to hell for the way he made us. I would recommend watching For the Bible Tells Me So, it's very good. For the Bible Tells Me So | Watch Free Documentary Online if that link doesn't work, it's on Netflix.

8. IWishIWereAFish

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    What if god doesn't even exist in the first place? Have you thought about that?

9. Veneficus

When I was on this subject and supporting a friend who was going through the same thing, this quote helped us both out. I hope that it will also help you.

“Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”

― Unkown, misattributed to Marcus Aurelius

10. SkyDiver

Why would God hate you for being who you are? God doesn't hate anyone.

Trust me, He loves you more than you could ever imagine, and He knew long before you did about your sexuality. :slight_smile:

(*hug*)

11. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not religious at all, but I do believe in a higher being. I've actually become agnostic since I've discovered that I'm gay. I just don't know what to believe anymore in all honesty. I believe God loves each and everyone one of us, maybe it was his way of creating homosexuality to control population. I mean, who really knows, but I refuse to allow someone else's opinion to affect me. I live my life the way I want as long as I'm not hurting anyone and that's all that matters.

In the end, what if what they want us to believe is true, then we're all going to hell...everyone sins. Even those who feel like they have the right to judge us. At least I can say that when I die, I lived a happy fulfilling life and was true to myself.

#11 pinklov3ly, Aug 20, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2012
  12. dano22

dano22 Guest

God's main interest in human life in my opinion is to love everyone equally. I believe God loves everyone regardless of their differences and the most important thing is that you believe in him with all of your heart and spread his love. Also follow his ten commandments.

13. Ianthe

This is a really long speech, but if you are trying to reconcile Christianity with being gay, and you want a scriptural basis for that, this is the best I've ever seen:
    [YOUTUBE]ezQjNJUSraY[/YOUTUBE]

The same video and a transcript of the speech can be found here: TRANSCRIPT

14. musikk021

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    There is no god.

15. returning

I don't think anyone deserves to suffer forever.

#15 returning, Aug 20, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2012
  16. SkyDiver

Such comments aren't helpful or necessary.

17. musikk021

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    ^So if I had stated it as a question instead, then it would've been helpful?
    I was simply stating my belief as an atheist, and by having no god, there would be no heaven & hell to worry about.

18. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That was good, thank you.

19. SkyDiver

Nah, I didn't say that. I just wanted to pick on you. :icon_twis

But in all seriousness, it's pointless to tell someone who clearly believes in God that he doesn't exist. Just like it's pointless to tell someone who clearly doesn't believe in God that he does exist.

20. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No. Asshole priests may tell you that, but they are simply mistaken about the facts of the universe.