1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out as questioning - terrible idea?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Catkin, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Catkin

I was wondering if anyone on here had come out as questioning. And whether you've done that or not, do you think it is a good or a bad idea? Even if you are still unsure, is it better to wait until you have a little certainty (ie. not thinking 'I could be gay, or bi, in fact maybe I'm actually straight)?
    I'm not sure if I'm actually thinking of telling a friend of mine. I don't think I would actually do that, I'm not sure if I'm actually ready to talk about this stuff to anyone, but I'm kinda playing with the possibility and thought it was at least worth asking what you guys thought.

2. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Guest

If you think you're ready to talk about it. Tell a friend. There's no rush. & I would wait until I know for sure.

3. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No I have not, nor have I heard of anyone doing that. I think it could be of a lot of value to do. I don't really think questioning is an identity though, so I am not sure it makes sense to come out as questioning.

But here's why I think it could be valuable. Imagine if you said to your friends, "so, folks, I am not really sure how I feel about my sexual orientation and gender identity right now. Can you support me while I get this figured out? I'm kind of fragile right now."

4. whatami

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Don't rush it! If you dont think your ready to come out then dont do it until you are fully ready! If you dont know for sure if you are bi/gay then do not do it. hope this helped :smilewave