1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In your opinion, how long should a couple be dating before their first kiss?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by AshenAngel, Aug 21, 2012.

1. AshenAngel

AshenAngel Guest

My gf and I have been dating off and on for quite a while now, and I've only kissed her on the mouth once. And I caught her by suprise, so it was kind of awkward and short and abrupt, so idk if that even counted... So, just like the title says, Opinions?

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's up to the participants. I know people who won't kiss until they've dated a while, and I know people who won't date until they've slept with them.

Lex

3. Menaki-Neko

Fargo North Dakota, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
    Its really up to whenever the couple feels ready and comfortable. This would definitely vary on everyone as everyone goes at different paces when in a relationship.

4. its your relationship not anyone elses.
    its up to you both :slight_smile:

dont worry :slight_smile:

5. Witchcraft

Witchcraft Guest

I think it's whenever you want it to be :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. Annon

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If everything just works kiss your date goodnight 1st date and walk away. That's what I would do

7. Pain

Pain Guest

It's a good question! It's all based on what you want, though. It should just be as long as it takes to have an extremely emotional moment with them, I think. I mean, what happened with my boyfriend and me came about like this-- we went to a play, and he started playing with my hand, out of sight, like stroking it. We weren't even dating, and afterwards, he brought it up and I just went to him and embraced him, and our lips eventually met. Make it special :slight_smile: for the both of you :love:

8. Pinstripe

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Well, you're young, so I think it's ok to take things slower than say, two adults would. You should do what you want with each other without feeling like it's something you have to do. If you want it to be less awkward next time, I think a goodnight/goodbye kiss is a good way to go. Lean in slowly so she isn't caught off guard. :slight_smile:

9. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm not sure. I mean, I think it kinda depends. I wouldn't mind kissing on, say, a second or third date.