1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

lesbian/bisexual cheaters?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Nocturnal, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Guest

I was just wondering, are lesbians/bisexuals cheaters or not? Would they be likely to cheat than the average straight man?

2. ForceAndVerve

No???

As far as I am concerned, the abilitiy to cheat is purely based on the individual, regardless of sexual orientation.

Having said that, if someone was a cheater, being bisexual would give them more options or opportunities to cheat so to say.

3. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Guest

Yeah. I thought about that.. Hmmm. e__e

4. sexual orientation is irrelevant.

its the type of person lol.

5. SohoDreamer

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I don't think it has anything to do with orientation.

6. ForceAndVerve

Well, do you think that being BI/lesbian increases a person's chance to cheat? I'm curious as to why you would pose the question. :lol:

7. rg93

Everybody can be a cheater! (not saying it's a good idea) I don't know if there is an accurate study or survay on this. But it's an interesting point what ForceAndVerve suggested, although I wouldn't say that homosexuals are less likely to cheat either just because there are less options to.

If someone really wants to cheat, he or she will not have too much of a problem finding a way, regardless of sexual orientation. At lest that's my assumption until someone can bring an eye-opening point. :wink: But at the end of the day, it depends on the individual person.

8. Flow

Ditto lol.

9. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think she probably asked about it because she wanted reassurance after she'd read really horrible shit people say about bisexuality on the internet. Like, I don't know... on Empty Closets.

10. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Guest

I agree it is a person's decision & not their sexual orientation. I'm just curious if these things actually occur. Has a female cheated on another female? Or is the percentage too unlikely?

11. rg93

Like I said, I see where you're coming from, but I don't think there are any legit survays that cover this. Nor do I see why the percentage would be unusually higher than with heterosexual couples. :confused:

12. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm not sure how well-studied it is, but I am not sure I think it's really worth worrying about which group is statistically more likely to cheat because 1) it's probably only slightly, 2) it's not that common anyway, and 3) it begs for us to commit the fallacy where "I read a study about group X. You're in group X. You're more likely to be a cheater. You cheater."

13. Ianthe

What answer were you anticipating? Everyone here seems to think that you thought bisexual women and lesbians would cheat more, but I think you were probably thinking that women wouldn't cheat as much as men. (I have no idea about the answer.)

14. Mogget

While Wiki isn't perfect, I'd say that its failure to make any sort of claim about one gender cheating more than another (cite) indicates that there isn't any reliable evidence that one gender cheats more than another.

15. NicoleV96

NicoleV96 Guest

Orientation wouldn't matter, it's in regards to a person's personality. I think if you had a room of 3 straight guys, one out of the three probably cheated, I think if you had a room of lesbians, one out of the three probably cheated, and I think if you had a room with 3 bisexuals, one out of three probably cheated. Point is, it's just as equally possible no matter what a person's orientation is. If a person cheats, that's up to them, not up to their orientation.

16. Hazel

Unfortunately, we can't get away from the possibility of infidelity regardless of where we look. We have to find someone we have no need to doubt.

17. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Guest

That's what I had in mind as a conclusion, that women wouldn't cheat as much as men.

No, I don't think bisexual/lesbian women would cheat more. xD Like Rg said in the end of the day it depends on the person not the sexual orientation.

18. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This ^^....Not on EC, just in general, but they're mostly stereotypes.

Some people make the false assumption that bisexuals can't be monogamous. And that overall the bi/lesbian community are promiscuous within itself because it is relatively small. I watch a lot of lesbian shows even though their depiction of lesbians are questionable and probably scripted.

I think some women may have multiple partners in order to figure out who they are; yes, while in relationships, so yes they may cheat. I don't condone cheating, but I'm guilty of it. I went through a phase when I was the heartbreaker because I didn't want to deal with being gay. I wanted to have my cake and eat it too. But, I've grown up a lot since then.

Then again some people cheat regardless of gender/orientation because they really enjoy sex, have an addiction, but as long as they're not hurting anyone and having safe sex.

#19 pinklov3ly, Aug 22, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
  19. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Guest

Thanks for your opinion. :]