1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oh I think I like you..JK I'm getting back with my Ex.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by CelticRae, Aug 22, 2012.

1. CelticRae

Ok where do I begin? Well I have been talking with this girl for about a month now. We met on a dating site and really hit it up. She is a very attractive girl and I liked her almost immediately. We had been talking for a week or two and soon she Facebook friends me. I saw her pictures on there and I was blown away by how beautiful she is. Soon after that we met in a park and hung out. She was even more beautiful in person. I was starting to get the feeling that she really liked me. She was talking to me every night and we were planning to hang out as soon as school starts. So I don't talk to her for a couple days wonder what is up. I assumed she was busy packing, not a big deal. Today I get on face book I she she changed her relationship status to in a relationship. I was very confused so I asked her what was up. She said she wants to get back with her ex again totally out of the blue. I was shocked. She had led me on for weeks. And now this. I little back story with her and her ex. She dated this person for 2 years and at one time was engaged. Her ex was a he but now she is transitioning which makes it kinda confusing but anyway. She was not the best person. Her ex had cheated on her multiple times. She was also abusive too. She told me stories about how they had nasty fights where she tried to push her to the ground. Now I am completely confused at how I should handle the situation. I really like her and I am very attracted to her. I wanna get to know her better but I don't want to get my hopes up. I have a feeling that she isn't gonna be with her ex for long again. Should I wait around and see if I have a chance with her. Or is it a bad idea. So disappointed:icon_sad:

2. Flow

I'm sorry for what happened to you. Honestly, I don't think you should stick around. Why make someone a priority when you're only an option to them? You deserve better.

3. redstormrising

this happened to me once, too. honestly, just cut your losses and go. she's evidently not completely over her ex, and as long as that's the case, she won't truly be available for a new relationship with you or anyone else. i definitely hung on too long, feeling like i'd already invested time and effort in this person, but in the end it just made it worse

4. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Guest

I can somewhat relate to this. What I did was, be her friend for a awhile. Then I got fed up by her going to me for advice, I didn't mind it at first but there's only so much I can take from her talking about guys she liked & what was wrong. But then I realized she'd never be with me again.

5. aeva

Wow, I had a very similar situation. This girl and I met on a dating site too, friended each other on facebook, chatted/dated for about a month, slept together twice. Then she was quiet for a few days, so I texted her to see what was up, and she told me she was getting back together with her ex (female when they dated the first time, but was now in the process of transitioning to male).

I decided to let her go, and I'm glad I did. Mooning over somebody that's unavailable, regardless of what their situation is like, won't do anybody any good. As a friend, you can try convincing her that this abusive relationship is not right for her, but you have to be prepared to lose her friendship over it if she gets defensive.

It may sound harsh, but if she couldn't see that you were the right person for her from the beginning, and treated you this badly in the meantime, she doesn't deserve you. I say move on, and find somebody that will treat you how you deserve to be treated.

6. CelticRae

Ok guys thanks for the advice. Here is what I think I am going to do. We were never really official and I haven't really gotten to know her very well so I am going to still stay friends with her. In this time I will get to know her and see just what kind of person she is. I will give her three months. However, I will be keeping my distance. If by this time nothing has changed between us or she has not left her ex I am done. Or if her ex becomes abusive again and she doesn't leave right away I am done. Now you might say why do this? You are wasting your time. Well here is the thing. She and her ex haven't dated for 2 years. So Why the sudden change? Because I think she does have feelings for me, and these feelings are freaking her out. So What does she do? She runs to the nearest familiar thing. Now interestingly enough it was her Ex that asked for her back. I am wondering If she is being a bit possessive. In fact I am a bit worried that her girlfriend could get very jealous of me. So I probably need to be very careful. But something is telling me that she is torn so I am giving her a chance for something better. If she refuses it is her loss. :sunglasses:

7. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Guest

Sounds good to me. ^. ^

8. Tycho

Wow, what you described is pretty damn familiar to a situation of mine... well actually I'm still in the situation. And I'm doing the same thing, heading for the friends route before anything else. Because you never know, sometimes friendship will head into relationship territory if it turns out all feelings are mutual.

And she will need time if she does break up with her ex. DO NOT put yourself in the back up plan / rebound availability. It's very easy to do and sometimes when you like someone enough you won't even realize it. I've been there. It hurts more than anything.

9. CelticRae

I don't know guys. I think she deserves a chance and like I said I am keeping my distance. I am not gonna let myself get too attached to her. I already kind of did. But at the same time I don't think she really knows what she wants. But I don't want to move on altogether. I feel like it is worth a shot. I'll play the game because I am a player. But I am also a winner and winners leave when they know they don't stand a chance. So that is what I am gonna do. :thumbsup:

10. Tycho

0.o Are you sure you're not me? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    haha sorry what you said is pretty much 100% my current viewpoint on my situation - even the player/winner thing. Wowzers.

11. CelticRae

Perhaps in an alternate universe maybe? :icon_wink
    Maybe we should talk. see what else we have in common.

12. this happened to me aswell when i met a girl online lol. she did exactly the same thing. i was played, yes we were never official but if she spends time with you and makes you feel like youre going to get together then its harsh.

bad idea to wait around. you dont wanna get involved even on a friend level because her ex could turn around (if the break up) and accuse you of stealing his girlfriend then it would get messy. e.t.c its what happened with me lol.

dont wait around, cut her out of your life that way you can assure her that youre not a back up plan and that you wanted to be with her not to be played. once you let her see that youre still interested while she is in a relationship then it gives her a chance to play you and she could (may not) but could say that she would break up with her ex for you but she will keep you waiting and her partner would probably never break up.

plus would you want to be in a relationship with someone who said they were openly abusive towards their ex, i know i personally wouldnt cuz it could happen to me. also think about if you were in a relationship with her, if you found out she did what she did to you to another person before she got with you, its not nice.

i dont think she sounds nice. i think you deserve someone more loyal.

(*hug*)

13. CelticRae

No it was her Ex that was abusive to HER. Not her. She never cheated but her ex did. She was fine.

14. ma bad. but still XD

15. CelticRae

Mk so I wrote her a really long message about how I felt about the situation.

"Ok I want to be completely honest with you. I don't want to make you mad but I need to tell you how I feel about this whole thing. I was kind of upset by how you handled the situation with your Ex and me. If you had been feeling this way about her for a while you should have told me that you felt that way from the start. But by the way you were going about things I thought you were seriously interested in me. Maybe I was reading too much into stuff and I know we were never official or anything but at the same time I feel like you led me on. It makes me feel like you are playing games. Now don't get me wrong I think you are a fantastic person and you are fun to hang with. I know how hard it is to be with someone for over 2 years and than break up. I can understand if you were scared to tell me that. But what you have to understand is while I like you as a friend I also like you romantically that seriously complicates things. I don't wanna mess things up for you but I would like to get to know you as person. I just don't want to make things awkward and I certainly don't wanna make things painful. So that's all I am going to say about that. I hope you can understand where I am coming from."
    Rae

We will see how it goes :rolle:

16. Dummy

All that confidence. Where is it coming from? I could never get the phrase "you disserve better". I'm not saying you don't. I'm not saying you do. I don't know you or her. I just want to see what point of "the human relationships" I've missed... Anyway I hope it works out for both of you. I believe we all "disserve" the same level of happiness. Maybe. It's all too freaking complicated.

17. CelticRae

I agree it is all too complicated :thumbsup:

18. CelticRae

Sigh well she talked to me again and well I don't know what to think
    Here is what she said.
    "I understand, but when we talked about our exes I even said that there are times where I know I still love her(her ex). I remember saying that. But at the time I never thought that anything would happen between us. If I had, I would have never gotten so close to you in that way. I would have kept it strictly as friends. It was unexpected, and my heart jumped the gun. I never play games, I'm not that kind of person. I was actually planning on one day me and you might be dating or something. But when she(her ex) came out of the blue asking me to be with her, my heart and soul came alive with joy. And I was scared to tell you about it, didn't know how. I didn't want to hurt you because I like you, and you are such a lovely amazing woman"

19. Dummy

Well does this answear work for you?

20. CelticRae

Well guys I let her go........ that was hard to do but it is the right thing to do.
    If she really liked me she will see her mistake and come back if not well too bad for her.
    It is so hard I really liked her.....:icon_sad: