1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Having difficulty finding a good guy to be with

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by andro1295, Aug 23, 2012.

1. andro1295

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I am 21, and still not out to most people I know (just a few close friends) but I do hook up with men on the regular. Though I consider myself gay I have had girlfriends and had sex with girls, the last one I broke up with several months ago. Obviously, being gay, the spark is just not there with girls like it is with guys.

Ever since I broke up with my last girlfriend I have been acting promiscuous and hooking up with hot guys I found through the internet, about once or twice a week. Lately I've started to want to be in a relationship again, but this time with a guy. Problem is, all the hot guys I've met up with so far has only wanted sex. Every time I try to take it further by trying to ask them out they just push me away.

My co-worker is openly gay, and he is one of the few people who knows about me. He has asked me out. He is average looking and really nice, but I just don't feel it with him. I think my standards may be too high and I've been spoiling myself with hot guys. Why is it they only seem to want sex and no relationships? I don't even know where to look when it comes to finding a serious relationship. No one on craigslist or ####### wants anything more than sex. Am I just too picky? Anyone know?:help:

#1 andro1295, Aug 23, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2012
  2. The Spark

It's totally possible that your feelings with your co-worker could increase the more you're around him. Spend some time with him, and in time you should know for sure if you'd really enjoy sharing a relationship with him.

3. Pinstripe

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Of course people on those sites just want sex- that's more or less their intended purpose and audience. I would suggest scoping out other dating sites, ones that present themselves as dating sites, not hookup sites.

You could give your coworker a chance, although things could get awkward at work if you go out a few times and ultimately decide you don't want to pursue the relationship. You might try getting to know him better in a casual, friendly situation rather than a date-date.

As far as your standards being too high, I don't know if that's the issue per se. I think it's possible that you want the best of both worlds- the stability of a relationship and the hotness and simplicity of a hookup. But you are allowed to want what you want, and I don't think there's much to be gained by forcing yourself into a relationship with someone you aren't all that excited about.

4. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you’re basing what you’re looking for solely on looks then your standards are too high. IF you’re going to clubs looking for hot guys they are only looking for sex. There are more important things then looks:
    Being able to have a conversation
    Having things in common
    Liking the same pizza toppings

5. ikwis13

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think if your basing a relationship solely on a guy being hot has a bad foundation. It will be exciting if it happens. But in reality for most people hotness fades or you become numb to it and you will want more substance to the relationship.

Just enjoy being young and single. Don't stress out about it. If a relationship happens with a hot guy or any great guy that really works out. That would just be a fantastic bonus.