1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Don't know what to believe...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Randy, Aug 23, 2012.

1. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Here what's going on in my life right now:

All throughout my life, I've always been surrounded my girls and I'm very feminine. I don't make any advances on them because well because of unknown reasons. My friends call me a ladies man but I don't think it's because of that (well it may be the case). I've been doing some serious thinking my senior year of high school and didn't want to admit anything until I know for sure. I, then, got to a very liberal arts college and got hit on by more than 2 or 3 guys but no girls (well, been called cute). That confused me at that point and am seriously questioning right now. At the end of the school year, my friends and I were talking. The conversation got to where I told them I don't know. They then proceeded to tell me that I have their support cause their gay themselves. This summer I got a friend request from someone I didn't know and we began messaging. As it turns out, he thought I was gay and then proceeded to tell my I give off a "gay vibe" and whatnot. I told him that I was questioning and it got to the point where we were sending pictures of our man-sticks. He sent his to me, I was very intrigued when I saw it. I find myself looking at the photo more than a few times a day. I know that there are straight guys that act gay by saying that they would go out with a guy and then adding no homo. So ultimately, is this normal or am I truly gay?

2. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, it comes down to how you feel. You haven't really mentioned it. On the outside people do see you as gay it seems and you yourself admit being feminine and having many female friends. Do you check out guys regularly?

3. Gen

Gen

If I had my guess I would say that there is a strong possibility that you could be gay. Are you attracted to women? Many people believe that being around women too much can confuse them, but many men grow up in all female households and turn out straight. The fact that you are unsure, than find yourself intrigued by your friend seems like a sign that you are attracted to men. If you are entirely unsure than maybe you should hang out with him a bit. Its apparant that their is someone interest on both sides, so I would say to test the waters a bit.

However, if you want a more solid answer than you will find that you probably already have it. Although we often to doubt how certain we are, we tend to unconscious know where our eyes wonder and what we really desire. Often times it isnt about figuring out what we like, but knowing if we are ready to accept that fact. Its something that you have to come to personally.

4. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Nowadays, when I see guys, I usually think to myself "wow that guy has a beautiful face or an awesome body" but when I have those thoughts, I know deep down those are thoughts that any gender says about everyone.

---------- Post added 23rd Aug 2012 at 09:14 PM ----------

In the past, I was thinking I'm attracted to women. As life progressed on and actually observed some gay men (how they act, their mood etc), then that is the point that I started questioning. I know I sound very close-minded by what I included in the parenthesis but it looks like the norm.

5. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    How would you feel about potentially going on a date with the friend you exchanged pictures with?

6. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I wouldn't be opposed to it. I wouldn't be eager about it either. I mean he's very cute. I told him I was curious so he agreed to let me kiss him just to help me get closer to my answer.

7. Gen

Gen

Well thats something. I cant say as to whether or not it will give a definitive answer, but it could help you figure out some things. If you are truly unsure and feel the need to do some experimenting than by all means. The only thing that I would advise is that if you are going to do it, be sure that you are ok with it, and dont put too much pressure on it. If you are hastily anticipating that something will come of this than you probably wont enjoy it either way due to the stress. Some people need a greater emotional connection before they would enjoy experimentation, but this does not apply to everyone.

Just take whatever time you need. It you want to kiss him great, do it. But dont simply do it because you feel like you have to. Best of luck :slight_smile:

8. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think saying "to help me get closer to my answer" was a poor choice of words, but alas, I couldn't think of anything else to put besides that because that is truly the reason but I don't think it will induce stress at all. I mean, I'm being very strong about posting this mini life story and "to help me get closer to my answer" seems very minute compared to the mangitude of this thread

9. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    We have kept in contact continuously (whenever he's not working and I'm not sleeping) and whenever he texts me and then my stomach begins to drop and I'm not as articulate as I am through text while I am replying. This has NEVER happened before even when I was texting a girl that thought that I may have been in love with. Somewhere along the line, I told him that "This seems so wrong but, for some reason, it feels so right :wink:" because that is how I truly feel. I hope that provides more information.

10. Ianthe

I think that is a lot more relevant information.

You feel about this guy in a way that you have never felt about a girl. Do you not think that's significant?

And the best part is, he appears to be interested.

If this is how you feel, why would you not be eager to go on a date with him?

11. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    oh hey EC! It's been two months since this post and I'm still in confusion or denial. Ok, here's the deali-o, there have been situations where my brain thinks a women passing by is super hot but can't manage to pitch a tent. Then other situations where I see an attractive dude (in a secure in sexuality way) passing by and...still nothing. I go back to the pictures of the aforementioned guy and ... nothing. I'm super confused now :angry: Could it be because of environmental stress?