1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finding love in a town devoid of gay people

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Owen, Jan 24, 2008.

1. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

I'm currently single and I wish to enter a relationship with another man. I've been hoping/trying for the past year, and nothing has happened. My question; how do I meet other gay guys my age when I live in a town devoid of gay people, I'm the only guy in my school's GSA, and all the other gay guys in the school are man-whores, people I'm not interested in, or people I'm just friends with? Keep in mind that I'm 17, so even if I could find a gay bar, I couldn't go to it, and I can't sign up for any online dating services.

2. biisme

you live in massachusetts and there is no one gay in your town!? (by the way, i wave hi to you from rhode island!)

there has to be gay people around, maybe not in your town, but at least in the neighboring towns. it's massachusetts!!!

see if perhaps there are any gay youth meetings that are close by. you can go to make friends, and maybe you'll meet someone who will become more than a friend.

3. I know exactly how you feel, I live in the middle of Michigan in a town where no one is gay and in the neighboring towns they are no where near my age. I just want to meet someone to hang out with though cause I just want to meet someone who is going through what I am going through.

4. InaRut

I tottaly have this problem. My town is so ungay my mom actualy things there is a secret hideout where all the gay people tend to hideout.
    "Ever since they shut down the ****** I don't know where the gay people go now."

5. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

Well, they must all be hiding from me. :dry:

6. ok455

U should go to Boston and see whats there.

Theres no gay guys in my town there are a few but they are immature and worry about finding a new boyfriend every week.

7. BreakingGlass

i know how you feel. my town is free of gay men. although i've heard my town is just full of lesbians. go figure...lol.

8. biisme

haha....sry, i was just so surprised.

we'll go search for some people together. i'm sure we can find them :slight_smile:

but agree, if you're close to boston, you should hop over there.

if u give me your town (u don't have to, you could PM it to me, or even just the AREA) i could look for meetings near there....

9. Ooohh yeah check out Boston. Aside from it being totally amazing (and me being completely in love with it) there's bound to be places with other gays there.

10. CrimsonThunder

My town is full of gay people. >_> About 60% of people are gay, lesbian or bi. *over exaguration but still pretty realistic*

11. Luroon

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I feel your pain...the last time a friend found a match for me he proceeded to be...overly friendly on the second date while we are in full view of an audience of my friends in a fast food joint. It seems like kids our age that want meaningful relationships are few and far between.

12. jocr92

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    hm... i live in hawaii and trust me, there are gay people here. im just looking for someone like you.

13. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know what you mean..the potential fling I've been going on about started out as an online thing, and I've never met her yet (HOPEFULLY SOON!!). I also live in a town devoid of lesbians..well what do you expect, I live in Dubai which is probably one of the most homophobic cities to live in.

#13 GlindaRose, Jan 25, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2008
  14. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I deleted the link in heatqueen's post because the site is for 18+ only (it's in their Terms and Conditions).

15. jocr92

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    ok, why is it that gay males dont display PDA as much as lesbians do? wtF?

16. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know exactly how you feel. There's no one here where I live to go out with, and there's no gay people here either. If there are, they're all in the closet because this is a Mormon, conservative, homophobic town. Lol. Makes me wonder what I'm doing here. Lol. I would suggest to you maybe try online or something? I don't know what other options there are. Maybe find someone in a nearby town?

17. jocr92

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    haha oh well. i just kinda broke it of with some guy