1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Curious about something....

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by DoABarrelTroll, Aug 24, 2012.

1. Right, so, earlier this week I found out that not only am i Long-sighted but I am also short-sighted and i was wondering if anyone else is the same? (that was a long sentence..)
    If anyone is wondering, my mother is short-sighted and father is long-sighted.
    Thx

2. Jim1454

At 14?!? That I think is very unusual. I have been near sighted since I was 13 or so (i.e. I could see close up but needed glasses for distance). Now that I'm in my early 40s I'm noticing that it's easier to read small print if I remove my glasses. It's quite often the case as you get older.

So I'd say you're in the minority - but it's not a big deal. Glasses can be made to accomodate that aren't obviously bifocals.

3. shy

shy

yeah, they found out when I was about 7 y.o. Pretty much fun when you switch glasses with s.o. else :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: But I'm still lucky, I can always go without my glasses and shift eyes if needed :grin:

Ehm, not sure if we're talking about the same thing, since I'm long-sighted on one eye and near-sighted on the other