1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

thinking about going to this gay nightclub for lounge night but.....

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by needshelp, Aug 24, 2012.

1. needshelp

i'm at a little conflicted here with my reasons for going and being apprehensive with what i'm looking for to happen.

i was thinking about going to the local nightclub about a good hour away from here to get a number or to hook up with somebody (i kind of need the action even though i'm scared since i've never done anything like that before). the thing is i don't want to get me into a situation that i can't handle or don't want to be in. let's say that i do find someone to hook up with or find someone who's interested in hanging out and getting into something, i'm scared that i might catch a disease or something from kissing or from oral sex. i just basically want to go to the gay nightclub, get a number or two from a guy who is interested in being a friend and a little more and going back home with anybody knowing my business. how do you guys think i should go about it? should i fall back away from this until i come out or should i just do it anyway with caution.

2. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It seems to me that you're already aware of a lot of the major potential pitfalls. While going out and meeting other gay people can certainly be a good thing, if you're going out to a club you of course run the risk of an sti if you do have (unprotected) sex with someone, and in my experience, you're less likely to meet a friend in a nightclub than someone who wants to hook up.

If you do decide to hook up with someone, then that's okay - there's nothing wrong with it, so long as you are very sure to practice safe sex (and if they don't want to, that's your big red flag to get out of there asap).

But quite frankly it sounds like your goal here isn't necessarily just a hookup - it sounds like you really just want to meet some gay people. I don't know where you're located, but there may be a lot of ways to meet people in less hormone-driven environments that might, ultimately, turn out to be a lot more fulfilling for you (again, based on what you've posted here). There are lots of things out there - gay gaming groups, gay biking and hiking clubs, gay movie nights, and so on.

3. needshelp

well, that too but uhhhhhhh... i'm not going to front and say that i actually am looking for a hookup as well. i kind of need some action. :icon_redf

4. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well that's okay too then - do you know anybody you could go to the nightclub with? Having a friend along might make you feel a lot more comfortable (plus it gives you an easy out if you decide you're not okay with a situation). If not, there are other places you could meet people who are looking for the same thing you are, and are willing to be safe about it.

Also, if you know what you want, where is your apprehension about the idea coming from? Just the idea of contracting an sti? Or something else?

5. needshelp

i would call someone i know up but i don't think it would be a good idea since i don't plan on staying there for a long time. i would rather go there by myself and see what's up. done it before and everything turned out to be cool.

and the apprehension is coming from me never doing anything like that before. i've been a bench warmer all my life. i never tried to date anybody or tried to get intimate with anybody before let alone went out on a date or got intimate with somebody so i have a bit of anxiety in regards to that. i know that sooner or later, it will happen but i have no idea what to do when i'm in that situation. like i don't know how to prepare myself for it such as dating etiquette, how to kiss, foreplay, sex and all that. i thought about practicing by going to one of those hook up sites some months back but i got cold feet when there appeared to be a lot of guys with the whole "wham, bam, thank you man" mentality.

#5 needshelp, Aug 24, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2012
  6. SteelCityGuy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    If you go home with a guy from a club...try to just limit it to jerking each other off, its worked for me in the past...if your really into the guy let him know you would like to get to know him 'if he has any STD's e.t.c..' and your are up for round 2 sometime with oral involved...but theres always a risk! I have known guys who were a couple who passed a STD on to his BF....he messed around with another guy he didn't know about, its really all about gaining someones trust.

7. Akatosh

I think you put yourself in dangerous territory by feeling that you must have action-at-this-moment,-give-it-to-me-now. I understand the urge, I am currently there, but I know I won't die tomorrow if I don't get action soon. Things occur in stages, and I would much rather to through the progression and do 'it' the most healthy way, mentally and physically. As a fellow bench warmer, I long to wake up next to someone I know and trust, not someone I hardly know or trust. I also expect to already be in a relationship with that person. I feel like just doing 'it' with anyone would be like settling, and I hate settling.