1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best friend...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by daggerz, Aug 1, 2006.

1. daggerz

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm going to try to make this breif, But if you want more info then I'l l add it

I was talking to my mate last night on teh phone and could tell she was quite down> I asked her what was wrong; turned out she was gay and haveing doubts about her relationship

We were talking on MSN about it while she was on the phoen to her Emma (her gf well now EX gf). gemma wanted to take a break to think about what she wanted but Emma wanted an answer on the phone then.
    She had reservations and at points she didnt want to see Emma and other times she wanted to a lot. In teh end she finished it with her.

We spoke about it and i hthink eveutaually things became a bit more clear for gemma

The problem is that i really like her, it's b/c ofhow i feel about her it liek confirmed that i was gay. I wasn't telling her to end it cos i want her to be happy.

How long should I leave it to see if sh'es interested in me at all?
    This sounds stupid but I'm an amature, how can you really flirt with a fgirls thats jus small hints?

Anyother advice will be great!
    Thanks

#1 daggerz, Aug 1, 2006
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2006
  2. jake83

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sorry, I don't really understand.. in what way do you like her? Do you just want to be friends with her, or something more? Aren't you both gay?

It confuses me because you say that she "confirmed that I was gay", but that makes you like her? Perhaps you meant that she makes you unsure that you are gay? Did she break up with her girlfriend because she wasn't sure if she was gay?

3. daggerz

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Sorry I phrased that whole thing rather badly.

I want to be more than friends with her , yes.
    And about teh 'confirmed' thing. I thought i was gay, but as my feelings for her developed more than a hetrosexual person it like...well I couldn't think of different word to confirmed. It pretty much made me sure that I was gay.

Does that make more sense now?

4. xyc

xyc

I think the confusion was that jake83 thought you were a homosexual male. Perhaps you -- daggerz -- could confirm that you are a gay female.

Myself, too, thought you were a gay male (probably because of the majority of males in this room and because 'gay', at least here in Canada, is used almost exclusively for gay men).

To you actual question: well, being a gay man myself, I don't really know how to flirt with a girl with "small hints". I barely know how to flirt with a man... :icon_redf Perhaps someone else could better answer this question.

However, one thing I can suggest: try to let her relationship with her ex-gf play out naturally... trying to encourage her to break up with her (even if only partially because you like her) could eventually sour relations between you two (she could get the feeling that's why you wanted her to break up with her gf and then be angry, etc. etc.; these emotions are complex).

Or, I would definitely suggest that even if you like her right now... try to give it a little more time and, even if you flirt, make sure she's making conscious decisions to try starting a relationship with you rather than pushing anything on her. Just having broken up, she could make hasty decisions which she might later regret. Or, just have such messed-up emotions she won't know what's going on. Try to let her have a bit of time to sort it out, so you don't get caught in a 'rebound' situation where she just suddenly feels lonely and wants a partner.

I dunno, but that's what I'd suggest. Good luck, though.

5. daggerz

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thanks,
    In england we tend to say gay lol, not that i know many gay girls lol!

They got back together <_<

About the advice I wasn't suggesting she break up/

She was actually asking her gf is they could go on a break so she could think about it. Gemma was unsure as somedays she wanted to see Emma and other days she didn't. Also even though she partially felt regretful when they first broke up (not that it matters anymore) thats normal. But she was also saying how she thinks the same thing will happen again