1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Should I Do!!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by donnie5, Jan 24, 2008.

1. donnie5

i have a friend who is bi and me and him have done some "things" if you get my drift and it was really amazing but now whenever i try to hug him or cuddle with him hes distant and hes still a great friend to me but he always talks about girls too and i really want to be with him and date him but i don't know if he'll ever be that way with me or guys in general... i'm freaking out i don't want to keep thinking about him constantly and imagining us together and torturing myself if theres never gonna be something there...
    but theres another catch i know you guys might say just ask him but i worry if i do that and it goes badly i will ruin the fiendship we have that i love too... please help!!! what should i do

2. Bader

Bader Guest

omg i have the EXACT same problem ,except we still do *things* and i dont want to develop anything with him cause i dont like his way of thinking ,but i still like the *things* so i just do it and pretend to be normal friends afterwards lol
    have u sees that seinfeld episode where he and Elane have sex and they lay some rules and stuff, and how it almost ruind their friendship
    i believe in that ,u cant have sex and still be friends
    lol got carried away
    but sorry i dont have anything that would help really

3. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First of all, talk to him. He has taken a big step in admitting he is bi, and going straight from that to messing around is a big deal if you aren't the most confident of people.

You will need to accept that he will talk about girls, even if you suspect he is doing it to try and hide his liking for males. If for some reason his first experience with another male has made him a bit uncomfortable then you need to be there to support him rather than want him to get over it so you can do more stuff. You're gay so you will have an idea of what he is going through, so just help him iron out the problems and see what happens from there.

Everybody is different in the end. He is probably very nervous about being with other guys which is why it is important that you talk to him and find out why he has had this sudden change. If it is because of what i said above, you can help him. If he is just not interested anymore then you need to accept that as a friend and let him go.

Edit: I realised I never addressed the ask him catch. There is no way to really help him without asking him these potentially awkward questions. He should see that you are asking him as a friend because you care. If he does get annoyed and falls out with you then it is his loss, not yours. You could fall out with him over anything, it does not mean you should avoid it incase that happens. For all you know he may be desperate for you to start up the conversation so you could give him support. :wink:

#3 Martin, Jan 25, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2008