1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just how do I do it?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Fruitbomb, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Fruitbomb

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Ok, so the other day I decided that I'd meet my friend to give her a souvenir from my holiday and tell her I was bi then, but I chickened out. I just dunno how to tell her, I know she'll be accepting (she has gay friends already) but its just the nerves of telling her that I hate. Is there an easy way to tell her? What about a funny line I can put It in to make it not such a big deal? HELP
    :bang:

2. Waffles

Hey there! ( ^_^)/
    So, you chicken'd out of telling her you were bi: don't worry, it happens!
    In my personal opinion, maybe you should tell her in person. Maybe even just go hang out with her for the day. Coming out does not have to be a "have a seat in this serious room to have a serious conversation", so come out in a happy atmosphere. You can either tell her directly, or just start commenting on people you find attractive. "Oh, he's really cute, I like his eyes; She has such pretty hair". I think she'd be able to piece it together at that point.
    If you feel like telling her in person would be too hard to do or that you'd get to distracted, then tell her through a text message. Start by doing the normal "Herro, wassup? :grin:" and after a few minutes, ask her if she can keep a secret. Then afterwards, just tell her "I'm- " oh, wait. You wanted a funny think to say. Then, maybe say something like "I like hot dogs AND tacos". If she doesn't respond right away, DO NOT PANIC: she might have left her phone to do something, or she's writing a REALLY long response. (like what my friend did. XD)

Either way, don't feel rushed to come out. I hope anything I said will be helpful for you. ( ^_^)
    Stay strong, bro!