1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oh man I think I messed up....

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by SteelCityGuy, Aug 26, 2012.

1. SteelCityGuy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I met this guy and told him I'm a LTR kinda guy and thats what I was looking for, he's nice and very hot! he seemed to kinda avoid me and I sent him messages asking why he wont take a chance with me, he said was scared because of the past....anyways we fooled around the other night and he messaged me 2 days later and says he wants to get too know me and such and will take a chance!.....Now I think I really hurt him, as I thought about.... and decided I'm no way ready for a LTR, got's lots on my plate right now, I messaged him telling him this and he hasn't responded! I told him being friends is cool, but I'm not ready for something more right now...I'm wondering if I hurt his feelings? will he come around? I know I will see him around since we hang out at the same club and I would probably run into him once every couple weeks....it could get akward! I think I messed up big time!

2. blightedsight

So, let me get this straight in my head:
    You met a guy and told him that you're a "long term relationship" type of person.
    You then pursued him and told him to take a chance on you. He told you why this was an issue for him.
    You and he fooled around.
    You then told him that, actually, you don't want a relationship now, after he tells you he will take a chance that YOU asked him to?

Can I be honest? That sounds like an incredibly sucky thing to do.
    I know this place should be about supporting people, but, I think this is horrible.

Yes, I think you DID mess up big time.
    There is no advice I can give you, other than tell you to try your best to stay away from this guy.

3. robclem21

I'm really sorry to hear and say this, but I agree with ^^. I don't think he will come around. I think you should try to let it go and move on. It was very unfair of you to do.

That being said, everyone makes mistakes. I have as well in a regard similar to this. It happens. Make sure you are very apologetic and then just try to let him move on.